Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

I don't know, that strip mall is pretty ugly.

haha joking aside, I hope this gets cancelled, without the stip mall being torn down.

Here's the path of the subway which shifts dramatically at Alexander and moves off of Yonge to the laneway behind the buildings.

subwayalex.jpg

I wonder if there'd be any economy for a new building on this site to have utilized that diagonal through the site to produce two flatiron shaped towers on each side of it instead of two rectilinear ones.

I don't know, that strip mall is pretty ugly.

haha joking aside, I hope this gets cancelled, without the stip mall being torn down.

Having specific developments cancelled represents a greater economic concern than just personal opinions. It also surprises me how many people still assume those massing studies to be actual renderings for 501 Yonge.

My guess is this project will join the several others that are already delayed indefinitely. The re-scheduling of the meeting to September is probably to figure out how the mortgage rule changes will affect the condo market.

My guess is this project will join the several others that are already delayed indefinitely. The re-scheduling of the meeting to September is probably to figure out how the mortgage rule changes will affect the condo market.

I doubt the mortgage rule changes will affect that strech of Yonge street....if this project goes ahead these condos will be swolled up quick.

I wonder if there'd be any economy for a new building on this site to have utilized that diagonal through the site to produce two flatiron shaped towers on each side of it instead of two rectilinear ones.

That's a really interesting idea! They might have had to absorb the alley to make it work but then there would be the new pedestrian street between the two buildings. Imagine if that pedestrian street was filled with cafe tables and chairs for the restaurants at ground level.

no. it has nothing to do with the market and everything to do with approvals. the problem is that they don't know what is going to be approved in terms of height and built form hence the inability to pre-sell. if they were to pre-sell then they'd do great - location location location.

I wish instead they had taken over a site involving restoration of streetfront Victorian 2-3 floor structures like 5 St Joseph. It would be great to see an entire block restored somewhere.

Couldn't agree more.

Back