Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

"buddy - give it up already."

Look, 'buddy', you've said this 'buddy' interjection countless times, like a Tourette's sufferer, and it's getting kind of stale. You should 'tone down your tics' already, 'buddy', and give it up and just sit there, read the threads, and move on.

Anyway, ORNGE was just the tip of the iceberg, OMB no different. Kyle Rae will probably be getting dragged into the media pretty soon, too, to explain some, *cough*, 'deals'.

Wanderlust you need to reign yourself in.

The next meeting of the working group is May 17.

From KWT's office:

Please be advised that the Working Group meeting scheduled for May 17 has been cancelled to allow more time for the Applicant to make revisions and circulate material in advance to members. The next meeting of the Working Group will be June 4, 2012 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm in Committee Room #1 on the second floor of City Hall. An additional meeting has been scheduled for July 24 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm in Meeting Room B to account for the cancelled meeting in May.

where? and can anybody attend?

No, you have to contact Kristyn Wong-Tam's office for a seat, and you can only observe.

8AM Sunday 13 May 2012: No way can this strip handle another 500 condo kids!!!

096ov.jpg

I think that spot is perfect for a giant blue glass box... and I still think it should be called Blue Jean Tower. :)

8AM Sunday 13 May 2012: No way can this strip handle another 500 condo kids!!!

500? There's well over 900 units proposed here, then another 600 across the street & down a block at 460 Yonge.

Eventually the city will be forced to widen the Yonge Street sidewalks and make the road 2 lanes. At a certain point it will get so dangerous that even Ford won't be able to stop it but I think a few pedestrians might have to be run over first. (sure, Ford will say it's their own fault, for getting in the way of cars, that go through red lights)

You do realize he was being sarcastic ? ;)
There were what, no people in the shot above ?

I honestly never find Yonge overly crowed north of College less very very nice Saturdays in the afternoon.

There's the 'one-way' street idea being floated for Yonge & Bay. If that gets studied & approved then they could eliminate a lane on Yonge Street to widen the sidewalks (and bike lanes please!) which can get pretty crowded from Wellesley to Queen, especially in the summer. There will be even more foot traffic in the next 3 or 4 years once all these new highrise condos (about 9 or 10 them?) are built and occupied along this corridor.

Yonge street from Bloor south should be a three lane street with a changeable centre like Jarvis.

Wouldn't silver or leopard print be more appropriate to commemorate the shop on this block that sells slutty clothing?

Given the address 501... Blue Jean Towers is totally more appropriate... and more likely to be remembered by non-resident visitors by it's address and name... and it could become the flagstore location for Levi... and it might make for a better unique square cut blue glass block design... Just sayin' :)

Back