Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Perhaps several failed attempts at building on the site to the North (Bay Adelaide West) emboldened the architect to design for the whole North of Toronto to enjoy the interesting view. (Thinking nothing was ever going to get built where the stump was)

true with the Bay Adelaide not being built thing..... Though the views would have been better, it would have been like living above an empty landfill with that completely vacant lot in the middle of nowhere (well, prime downtown real estate), just imagine walking out the door (facing north) and seeing nothing but mud and a stump.... depressing.... it's a trade-off.

The radius on the north would not really be prominent enough to notice when you are directly facing it, IMO. It`s hard to notice now, even if you look at it from the NW (ie. Queen Street west of City Hall) or from the NE.

I can only really see it when I`m standing on Adelaide.

The radius on the north would not really be prominent enough to notice when you are directly facing it, IMO. It`s hard to notice now, even if you look at it from the NW (ie. Queen Street west of City Hall) or from the NE.

I can only really see it when I`m standing on Adelaide.

i actually think they should have put a curved facade on the west side as well, that way, so it's balanced with the north wall. because in theory, they should work together considering it's the way the tower's meant to be viewed according to the renders/the way the onion dome is pointed toward.
I would have either had both north/west walls curved or have no curves at all. anyway... (wait, actually the upper east side might not have looked so bad with a curved facade... but i like it the way it is with the vertical setbacks... or setforwards? lol)

First piece of the lighting strip is now permanently affixed at ground level.

You are not referring to this piece shown below are you ??

November 16 2010
IMG_5118.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

I will go and take a pic now. Hopefully by the time I get back, someone else hasn't taken one already. Then I will have to scream, haha.

I'm back with photos!

The lighting:

2011-07-13%20Trump%20International%20Hotel%20%26%20Tower%20(2).jpg

2011-07-13%20Trump%20International%20Hotel%20%26%20Tower%20(3).jpg

2011-07-13%20Trump%20International%20Hotel%20%26%20Tower%20(1).jpg

2011-07-13%20Trump%20International%20Hotel%20%26%20Tower%20(4).jpg

2011-07-13%20Trump%20International%20Hotel%20%26%20Tower%20(5).jpg

Last edited:
A plan that I always find super-helpful keeping track of the various levels in this complex structure:

4771476828_593a878245_b.jpg

(Originally posted by Traynor on page 300 + 305 of this thread)

It looks different. The old one had what was obviously 4 different pieces of plastic(?) covering the light. This appears to be one bigger piece.

It looks different. The old one had what was obviously 4 different pieces of plastic(?) covering the light. This appears to be one bigger piece.

It's the same one. There used to be 2 pieces installed, each "having" 2 pieces of plastic.
They took down both pieces and only installed one of them back.

Back