Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

What I love most about Trump is that the support columns are rectangular! Having been inside a few recently built condos, most had these hideous round columns in the weirdest places. Like right in front of a main window, or in the middle of the living area, making it impossible for anything but some awkward furniture placement. Rant over.

What I love most about Trump is that the support columns are rectangular! Having been inside a few recently built condos, most had these hideous round columns in the weirdest places. Like right in front of a main window, or in the middle of the living area, making it impossible for anything but some awkward furniture placement. Rant over.

I totally agree. I have ranted in almost every thread about stupid and unnecessary "Faux-Industrial, internal round columns, Designed-to-appeal-to-misguided-Suburban-Rubes, To-Satisfy-Their-Need-to feel-All-Urbany, "Look at me! I live downtown! I'm all grown up and sophisticated!" mentality.

*deep breath* OK my rant is now over too.

:cool:

I think the co-winner should be "mike in to" (or something like). When he contributes something to the yorkville 100 storey thread i'll believe it might be real.

Sorry Droyces, I've limited my participation and flow of information to Urban Toronto in recent months and I won't post any 'insider' info that isn't already printed in publically accessible documents - so you won't be hearing any details or inside news on the yorkville rumour or any other projects from me unless it is ‘public’. I guess that may disqualify me from any contributor awards.

Well thats too bad because i wasnt referring to your comments on specific projects necessarily (although those were always appreciated) but your grounded views on urban issues and the business of city building. I hope your reduced participation on urbantoronto is not due to the reponses of other members on this forum towards your posts. I hope you keep your information and your views (i dont think i would say that about any other member on here) flowing freely. I dont know if you can say but ive aways wondered what you do for employment (i assume you work for a developer or the city).

I have ranted in almost every thread about stupid and unnecessary "Faux-Industrial, internal round columns, Designed-to-appeal-to-misguided-Suburban-Rubes, To-Satisfy-Their-Need-to feel-All-Urbany, "Look at me! I live downtown! I'm all grown up and sophisticated!" mentality.

Are you sure it isn't the developers that are creating round columns so they can get away with no surface treatments, save money on wall finishes, and locate the columns in places where it provides better support so less total columns can be used? I'm pretty certain square and circle are both acceptable as loft-like columns. I just can't see the consumer saying... I like the floor plan, but it is missing a round column in an awkward place.

photo-104.jpg

From university ave

photo-105.jpg

Last edited:
Scotia Plaza has a footprint that is exponentially larger than Trump Tower has. It is obviously going to have a significant looming presence over Trump

And thank you Traynor :)

Last edited:
photo-104.jpg

From university ave

Love how trump looks from this angle,... the presence of the onion dome + spire will be amazing... iconic.

And this shot right below, really makes scotia plaza look short! Trump will go above and beyond it from this angle,
July 14

University 11:59 am
5939204918_bdfb4bb9e4_b.jpg

Back