Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

The Scotia exec's should call in a welder and have him go up to the roof with an 8 foot pole. That's all it would take to end this debate.

And while he's at it, he should weld a 3m pole on the roof of FCP then we'll have a supertall.

photo-2372.jpg

Road closure around Trump from this afternoon.

Seems they haven't installed any glass lately. Figure they are waiting till the spire is done and the cranes are disassembled? Or is my observation of glass not being installed anymore incorrect?
You would be incorrect.

Hmm.. so the half-moon supports are just to hold the LEDs in then? I was expecting a pole'esq spire.
The same curved glass lighting panels that you see at the Northwest corner near the ground will be mounted all the way around the spire. That is why it is called a "glass spire" on the drawings.

Last edited:
Hey, first time poster, long time reader.

Just took this shot of the spire going up.

IMG_3997_web.jpg

Cheers, enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_3997_web.jpg
    IMG_3997_web.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 273
A bit late, but here are some more Trump photos, from around 4:00 pm this afternoon:

LOL! I think we were in the same building yesterday! LOL!

On a side note, i'm really pissed off. my internet all of the sudden got really slow for the last 12 hours... and i've got 50 photos i want to upload....

I'll try to upload what i can, so here are 4 for now from the roof...and yes, these are considered old now :(

at around 2:00:
6181802494_644dbce0f8_z.jpg

at around 5:00:
6181804870_08058d6da3_z.jpg

6181282657_fc0087ca33_z.jpg

6181808184_314a557d9b_b.jpg

I'll try to upload more, if my internet lets me!

WOW Steveve...fantastic pics, great clarity and sharpness and composition. Mind if I ask what type of camera and settings you used?

The Scotia exec's should call in a welder and have him go up to the roof with an 8 foot pole. That's all it would take to end this debate.

i have always thought scotia would look good with a spire that complements the V shaped cutaways formed by the upper floors. A simple 8 foot pole would end the debate but then all of us "go big or go home" types (such as myself) would all start complaining and mentioning that the pole should be taller than FCP :p but seriously i will stop my spire rant before it starts

^ The pix are fantastic steveve and believe it or not, a lot of dslr users are kinda jealous about what a good job some of these point & shoots can do. Sometimes I wonder why I laid out 2k for my camera when I see results like yours. The contrast & colour is generally fantastic. If I were to change one setting on your camera I would bump up the sharpness just a little.

flame me if you want. But this tower looks too thin beside the Scotia Plaza. It almost look out of place in the middle of much grander towers.

Back