Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Ya i can agree to that. I have windows open 24/7/365. You hear more street noise, but nothing like semi fresh toronto air. Feel less cluster phobic.

hey Dylan, welcome to UT!

i agree :D!!!! SSP and UT united!!!

And regarding windows opening, personally, I'm an air conditioning kinda person (don't hate me for it... i do go outside often :) ), but having the option to open windows is a very nice option...... But in the summer in high humidity, i would NOT open my windows/step out on my terrace 800 feet up!.. the heat would be CRAZY up there!

i agree :D!!!! SSP and UT united!!!

And regarding windows opening, personally, I'm an air conditioning kinda person (don't hate me for it... i do go outside often :) ), but having the option to open windows is a very nice option...... But in the summer in high humidity, i would NOT open my windows/step out on my terrace 800 feet up!.. the heat would be CRAZY up there!

It's actually better higher up, as you don't have the heat from the pavement and asphalt as much, plus there is almost always a breeze higher up.

i don't think it appears dwarfed from Adelaide, close to Bay.

By Saint2884

6127822374_1ace977dd9_b.jpg
The reason it doesn't appear "dwarfed" in that image, is because of the perspective. However when not looking at height from any angle or perspective, it is definitely dwarfed in sheer size.

The reason it doesn't appear "dwarfed" in that image, is because of the perspective. However when not looking at height from any angle or perspective, it is definitely dwarfed in sheer size.

i said it before and i will say it again, it's gonna be nice seeing the trump tower and it's shape instead of medium sized box towers!!!!

I don't really mind it being dwarfed.... it compliments the skyline more than anything, and doesn't try to go to such extreme heights, given the size of the footprint it's working on... the onion dome sets a nice pinnacle in the bunch!

And regarding open windows and such, i'd actually feel extremely awkward even setting foot on my terrace... office workers from FCP know that "that's the #$%& who owns that penthouse"....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sept 09
Iron workers were still going at it at 9:30 pm as you could hear the hammering going on as it hit the steel.
6133797561_a694972a95_b.jpg

6133791767_3e8ab3764f_b.jpg

6134335390_896b0ef597_b.jpg

I am the tallest here.
6133644137_83cbc3df65_b.jpg

Steveve, the whole "haters gonna hate" thing means nothing, and it's beneath you really. You're a pretty smart kid and the city model is as impressive as hell, and a bunch of us like you a lot… so do yourself a favour and take the high road and accept that others may not share your view of the Trump Tower, and that is not simply because they are "haters". No-one is calling you stupid names; you should return that favour.

That said, Cruzin - that's a great shot. The composition's terrific, and the colour of the light is one beyond perfect. That pic goes to 11.

hey Dylan, welcome to UT!

hi thanks! I've actually been around since the ezBoard days, but only post occasionally. :) (I had over 100 posts at one point but I guess the post counter got reset)

question: will the spire be comprised of the entire steel structure that we see now, or is some of the structure just there for support during construction and will be removed before completion?

hi thanks! I've actually been around since the ezBoard days, but only post occasionally. :) (I had over 100 posts at one point but I guess the post counter got reset)

question: will the spire be comprised of the entire steel structure that we see now, or is some of the structure just there for support during construction and will be removed before completion?

The boxy portion on the very corner is temporary.

take the high road and accept that others may not share your view of the Trump Tower, and that is not simply because they are "haters". No-one is calling you stupid names; you should return that favour.

Funny that you go after Steveve for this all the time but ProjectEnd is coddled and validated.

Wow.. epic photos, Drum!! I sometimes forget how large the dome is, I couldn't even see those workers w/in the frame til I stared at it for a good minute lol
I see the spire's support has been put into place. Can't wait to see that spire rise!!

Back