Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

DKK86xHXcAEO5dL.jpg

Oh wow, okay, here's a picture of the drain (from Chris Bateman's Twitter). I had thought we were talking about a little, like 6-inch-square thing, but have a look at it:

They were going to put glass over only a small section of the drain, not all of it.

They were going to put glass over only a small section of the drain, not all of it.

The closest thing I saw regarding the extent of coverage in the Council doc was mention of "a section." I'm not sure it's possible to infer a specific size from that. Am I missing greater detail included somewhere else?

There's also this but, again, that's a much more significant portion than I was anticipating, and I still don't find it particularly helpful in terms of scale conveyance (the MS Paint-drawn circle looks to be about 1.5 car lengths, but I'd want a somewhat greater degree of specificity if I was being asked to spend some money).

upload_2017-9-20_11-58-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-20_11-58-30.png
    upload_2017-9-20_11-58-30.png
    677.9 KB · Views: 317
"Heritage is important" - yeh my eye. I think the old structures need to stay in place for it to make any sense. It really needs to be incorporated into the design and integrated as an architectural element in some way. Keeping it on view in context is key- just cutting out a section and putting it on display as a museum piece is just a half-arsed effort to appease.

Last edited:

Back