Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Current Status
The Bid Document Stage for the new SLMN Building has been completed, including value engineering to bring the design within budget in consultation with an independent third party cost consultant. Tender Call for the construction of the new building is currently underway.

ruh roh

Here's the site from a week ago:
DSC_0518.jpg
DSC_0520.jpg
DSC_0519.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0518.jpg
    DSC_0518.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0520.jpg
    DSC_0520.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0519.jpg
    DSC_0519.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 325
RSH was quoted in a previous report as saying they can't VE further so I think everything is ok at this point. Until you get the bids back.

AoD

The notion that this has been value engineered to the point where it's apparently no longer possible to further cheapen it makes me think that this is going to end up being a complete and utter blight.

The notion that this has been value engineered to the point where it's apparently no longer possible to further cheapen it makes me think that this is going to end up being a complete and utter blight.

It doesn't bother me hugely so long as RSH is still willing to have their name on it. Beyond that all bets are off.

AoD

Are the building projects developed under the city's umbrella really that bad? There's a few like the City Hall renos but, I haven't been disappointed by the majority of them.

i would assume you don't give a shite of how long the majority of them take to complete

City Hall? Sure. TTC? Always. Were the libraries timeframes, for example, not consistent with privately built projects? How about the Green P lot on Charles? Dundas Square was phased with additions deffered to following years. The first phase, the square itself, wasn't dragged out either.

Geez just remove the stonework, get a backhoe, dig up everything and dump it in the Portlands for archeologists to sift through at their own leisure- I doubt there's anything absolutely mindblowing about Toronto in the 1830s.

Geez just remove the stonework, get a backhoe, dig up everything and dump it in the Portlands for archeologists to sift through at their own leisure- I doubt there's anything absolutely mindblowing about Toronto in the 1830s.
Yeah, that isn't how archaeology works.

Back