Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

@CrosstownTO has been twittering that the naming contest for the 4 TBMs for the Eglinton line is coming soon. So not all is lost!
I can't believe that Toronto will have six TBMs operating at the same time. 10 years ago who'd have thought that would ever happen? Holy moly.

I can't believe that Toronto will have six TBMs operating at the same time. 10 years ago who'd have thought that would ever happen? Holy moly.
Could have 8, if they can figure out the time frame to launch the second pair of Eglinton machines ... should have had 8 with the original schedule.

It's also easier for fare checkers or people who patrol the system to travel back-and-forth on the line.

Don't count on the inspectors actually riding the trains... In New York's new SBS routes, the inspectors drive up to the buses in SUVs, ull the bus over and then get on and hold the bus up for 10 minutes while they check everybody's ticket. Then they drive off.

Don't count on the inspectors actually riding the trains... In New York's new SBS routes, the inspectors drive up to the buses in SUVs, ull the bus over and then get on and hold the bus up for 10 minutes while they check everybody's ticket. Then they drive off.

That sounds ridiculous.

I'm not sure why the TTC is sticking to this model of side platforms, but like all things TTC, it's usually due to the fact that that's the way we've always done it, and to hell with innovation, new ideas, or best practices from other cities.

It is because in most cases the ROWs for the roads that the LRTs will be built on aren't wide enough to have a single large centre platform AND left-turn lanes.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

It is because in most cases the ROWs for the roads that the LRTs will be built on aren't wide enough to have a single large centre platform AND left-turn lanes.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

In most cases it would be near-side left turn lane followed by a far-side stop. The left turn lane width would be about the width of a stop.

Very good find; thanks for sharing! It shows that Holey already at the edge of Keel and Finch station and Moley is not far behind and it says that by mid-May they will complete this segment.

Hmm, it mentions "future underground LRT" at Steeles West; I assume it is a typo? They probably meant it for Keele and Finch station. Steeles West station will be a location of new bus terminal with many GTA routes terminating there. So, if you a York student and need to get to, say, Atkinson, you would take subway to YorkU station. I assume it will be a free transfer with Presto card?

Hmm, it mentions "future underground LRT" at Steeles West; I assume it is a typo?

Jane LRT was going to terminate at Steeles West. I imagine that was accomodated in the design in the same way buildings downtown can accomodate future PATH expansion (knock-out wall at connection points).

Jane LRT was going to terminate at Steeles West. I imagine that was accomodated in the design in the same way buildings downtown can accomodate future PATH expansion (knock-out wall at connection points).
Metrolinx also has a Steeles line from Jane to Oshawa in it's 25-year plan. Technology hasn't been identified, simply BRT/LRT/AGT. However, given we'll be living with Steeles West station for decades, if not centuries, leaving a knockout panel and leaving a space for something in the future, doesn't hurt.

I thought that Jane LRT was going to terminate at Jane and Steeles, which is 400m west of Steels West station. Maybe they meant Oshawa LRT that nfitz referring to? At the same time, they fail to mention any preparation for Finch LRT at Finch-Keele station.

Back