Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

It's going to be interesting to see how they connect the Delta to the Skypath. I don't think there has been any renders that show the connection, I've only seen dotted lines on the PATH map. I'm guessing it will be at the 45 degree angle and I wonder if they will just mimic the existing style.

April 28
5667579748_1305587a03_b.jpg

5667032625_febcff9b01_b.jpg

5667620950_691ec2096b_b.jpg

5667063735_2b07f8c6a9_b.jpg

5667059119_c8767d5966_b.jpg

Wow, this is probably the slowest project in the city. Have they actually started excavation yet or are they just moving dirt around?

Didn't they just announce they were moving ahead of the project in the winter? Since then they built a temporary landform they could put piles in from along the rail corridor side, piled that whole side, and removed the temporary landform and railway embankment. It isn't even June yet. How fast are other projects from the moment a fence goes up?

Since I live nextdoor to the Couture site, I have been monitoring the progress. It seems that shoring/excavation can take 4-5 months (of course, it depends on the size of the site, weather and how deep they are going). I know with Couture, excavation started in July 2010 and they hit "rock bottom" and started setting up the foundation for the crane in November 2010.

So it seems this excavation is pretty much on schedule with regards to this project. Shoring/Pile driving does not happen overnight. It can be a 2 month process or longer. And then add another 2 months or so for excavation.

Those projects are slow it's true but this one has actually "started construction" and short of pushing some dirt around, there isn't much to see as far as progress.

One Bloor says it's under construction but it isnt yet.

Back