Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

On a quick glance at the top left photo of that collage it looks as though there's a sky bridge between Ritz and RBC Dexia. The glass of the BoA tower is so reflective it looks like it isn't there and the set back at the top and sides line-up perfectly with the edges of the other two towers. Very cool optical illusion! I can't stop staring at it and imagining the real thing. haha

5559451335_83e4df909b_b.jpg

Taken on my way home tonight.

nice ^^^ looks like we'll be getting a wall effect by the railway tracks. it's good that it'll hide it from the "new downtown" and draw the fine line between what's railway and what isn't anymore railway lands.

Pile driving from the top of a dirt pile? Why?

Because that slope is holding the weight of the trains that pass by on the nearby track. They needed to create a surface the pile drivers could operate on so they added dirt to the slope to add space for them to operate. My guess is that the railway wasn't open to the idea of them shutting down a couple of tracks to have them operate from the flat surface on their side of the fence.

this things moving alright ^^^ exciting knowing some pretty big towers will one day fill up this view. talk about an area change!

Back