Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

Let's hope that there aren't any more "changes" from the original, proposed look... :)..I got my delay notice...New Tentative move in date is September 30, 2011..(for lower floors)

Last edited:
Let's hope that there aren't any more "changes" from the original, proposed look... :)..I got my delay notice...New Tentative move in date is September 30, 2011..(for lower floors)

Same with me... just got the notice.

Hopefully no more delays/suprises.

good catch Uniqunik ... no wonder South Beach (as built) somehow looks a little different than I thought ... those 'fins' were suppose to extend along down on the entire facade, whereas its just glass now ~

I don't know how you reached that conclusion. The building's still under construction, i.e. it's not finished. I can easily see the architectural fins continuing downward as planned.

It seems to be even with the roof edge. Maybe that is just the base for the fins to be attatched to which it will protrude from.

condovo ... I reached that conclusion because the pouring of concrete has finished, and it is clear in the renderings that the 'fins' were suppose to extend from the roof all the way down the side of the building, projecting from the facades, which clearly is not happening ...

SouthBeachJanWest.jpg

condovo ... I reached that conclusion because the pouring of concrete has finished, and it is clear in the renderings that the 'fins' were suppose to extend from the roof all the way down the side of the building, projecting from the facades, which clearly is not happening ...

Why do the fins necessarily have to be concrete all the way down the flanks of the buidling?

Do you think this is another example of (I hesitate to say it).... the Cheapening™?

If the fins don't go on, it would be, but it's to early to say that they won't.

I have also gotten my notice with the new move in date as September 30th but I'm on the higher floors ( 21st) I'm hoping they don't have anymore delays.... Also with the fins i was talking to a worker and they still plan on putting up the fins but only after all the windows have been all placed.

I have also gotten my notice with the new move in date as September 30th but I'm on the higher floors ( 21st) I'm hoping they don't have anymore delays.... Also with the fins i was talking to a worker and they still plan on putting up the fins but only after all the windows have been all placed.

thanks goodness ..... for not cheapening out. It definitely looks better with the fins. With price people are paying for this building they better not cheap out.

Interesting that the lower floors and higher floors, assuming, are getting the same information on move in dates...

Glad to hear that the fins are still part of the plan - looks a little dull without them.

Interesting that the lower floors and higher floors, assuming, are getting the same information on move in dates...

Glad to hear that the fins are still part of the plan - looks a little dull without them.

For people on higher floors expect another extension notice in several months... They are going by the book, so all of us on higher floors that are supposed to move in Sept this year will definitely get another notice 120 days prior to the date on the letter for another extension.
Fins are coming on shortly :)

Back