Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

Meow! Well, I could see those people checking this place out, but it wouldn't be restricted to those people. (Rather harsh, don't you think?)

I actually like this project and can't wait to see how it turns out .... not a fan of the gimmicky south beach theme though.

But sadly, this is a kinda project that will only fly in Toronto .... having spent time in NYC, i can say that a project like this will get laughed at so hard in New york that it'll never see the light of day.

Urban Toronto's coverage of South Beach Condos + Lofts by Amexon Development continues with a tour of the construction site, courtesy of Paul Rizzuto, Project Superintendent, and Wendy MacNeil, Site Coordinator.

Text by Doug Convoy, Photos by Craig White

South Beach construction site overview. Tower One at South Beach is topped out with occupancy expected in spring 2011. Tower Two is at foundation level with occupancy expected in spring 2012. The towers are separated by about 95 feet to ensure views and will be linked by a large green roof.

SouthBeachPitpano.jpg

SouthBeachP1200038.jpg

SouthBeachP1200127.jpg

SouthBeachP1200129.jpg

Indoor pool area with twenty-two foot ceilings, excluding extra structural reinforcement and bulkheads, and retractable façade

SouthBeachP1200120.jpg

Panorama of indoor pool area, which includes two hot tubs and a kids' pool. All amenities are scheduled for completion in spring 2011.

SouthBeachPoolpano.jpg

SouthBeachP1200125.jpg

View toward two loft units. Loft Collection suites occur on floors 2-9, the SOBE Collection on floors 10-19, the Sky Collection on floors 20-28, and the Penthouse Collection on floors 29-31.

SouthBeachP1200107.jpg

Inside a corner loft with wrap-around balcony

SouthBeachP1200108.jpg

SouthBeachP1200100.jpg

SouthBeachP1200110.jpg

SouthBeachP1200102.jpg

View to Downtown from a Sky Collection suite with Nautilus under construction in the middle-ground

SouthBeachP1200047.jpg

View to Bloor-Islington from a Sky Collection corner suite with iLoft nearing completion in the middle-ground

SouthBeachP1200096.jpg

SouthBeachP1200098.jpg

On the roof of South Beach Tower One with Beyond The Sea under construction poking up from behind

SouthBeachP1200067.jpg

Green rebar for one of four sets of stainless steel fins running up the tower's façades

SouthBeachP1200069.jpg

SouthBeachP1200084.jpg

A parapet of fritted glass, backlit with computerized LEDs, will surround solar roof panels, which will supplement the building's main power supply.

SouthBeachToppano.jpg

From the roof of Tower One looking down over foundation work for Tower Two

SouthBeachLookingDownpano.jpg

That concludes our feature on Amexon Development’s highly-successful South Beach Condos + Lofts. Be sure to watch for future updates on Urban Toronto as construction progresses to completion.

Last edited:
Doug Convoy and I thank you!

I'm so glad I bought into this project despite all the skepticism on this forum at the very early stages of this project. In my opinion, South Beach theme is perfect for injecting some life in Toronto's west waterfront that's been so far destroyed by random condos and horrible city planning. Now that I'm looking at the pictures and after seeing the building rise unbelievably fast from the rubble, I can't contain my excitement for this project.
I love the glass the builder picked and that was one of my pet peeves :)...I don't like the ugly green colour most high rises eventually adopt.
I can't wait to pick out finishes, I bet they'll be just as amazing as this whole project.
Thanks Doug & interchange for all the close ups...so far I've been only admiring the building from afar.

I'm so glad I bought into this project despite all the skepticism on this forum at the very early stages of this project. In my opinion, South Beach theme is perfect for injecting some life in Toronto's west waterfront that's been so far destroyed by random condos and horrible city planning. Now that I'm looking at the pictures and after seeing the building rise unbelievably fast from the rubble, I can't contain my excitement for this project.
I love the glass the builder picked and that was one of my pet peeves :)...I don't like the ugly green colour most high rises eventually adopt.
I can't wait to pick out finishes, I bet they'll be just as amazing as this whole project.
Thanks Doug & interchange for all the close ups...so far I've been only admiring the building from afar.

The finishes are amazing. We picked ours last weekend. Hopefully you got upgrades included when you bought the place because they are marked up HUGE.

Doug did they give any information on when the project will be ready to move in. are they still on track for June 2011?
also a friend of mine told me that once the roofslab is on they cannot change the move in date?
again im not sure if that is true just wondering if anyone has the facts on these questions.
thanks

the past few days when i drive by i see the workers all walking to the bus stop grinning ear to ear, we might not like the snowy icey conditions but they do :D :p

yep, for those that work in construction ....there's nothing better than working up a sweat in sub zero temperatures. Beats working in the summer heat any day. :D

Finally got a chance to pick out the finishes. They're absolutely amazing...ton's of choices, colours, high end finishes, great quality, super stylish, the builder yet again simply did not disappoint.
The move in date for the project is June and I cannot wait. I am so glad the builder is delivering on his word and didn't entice buyers with empty promises like most other buliders.
Just by going to sales center again got me all excited about this project...I can't say enough how glad I am to buy into this unique South Beach themed project.
The building is moving along super quick and looks amazing, the finishes are fantastic, once the lobby and commercial strip are complete this is going to end up being one very desirable project.

The latest from South Beach - the roof is taking shape on the west tower.

SouthBeachJanSouth.jpg

SouthBeachJanWest.jpg

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to seeing how this will turn out when all finished, should be quite interesting/unique and a great addition to the boom of condos popping up in South Etobicoke/waterfront

Back