Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

hey all!

i was @ the southbeachtoronto sales office this weekend and was looking @ getting a south/east view on the 21st floor. i guess after reading this and now learning about future developments, im paying the premium for having the south/east view but the view wont be for long with the new onni projects?

please give me oppinions as i am trying to make a decision before the year end. thanks!

hey all!

i was @ the southbeachtoronto sales office this weekend and was looking @ getting a south/east view on the 21st floor. i guess after reading this and now learning about future developments, im paying the premium for having the south/east view but the view wont be for long with the new onni projects?

please give me oppinions as i am trying to make a decision before the year end. thanks!

you will get blocked by onni, you will also get blocked by the project thats directly south, right now there is a printing business there still open but they are shutting down you can go ask them when, I beleive in under 12 months, also the little peice of land fenced in directly south, the land is cleared there, that just happened 1 month ago.

beyond the sea will also block any south/west views.

also anythin on marine parade will block you, nautilus, waterscapes and just wait untill the whole strip of marine parade is built up, the 1 little motel is already out of business [shore breeze] if I am correct, I went in there a month ago they are selling all their junk tvs and crap, they are also building condos there. basically that whole marine parade strip starting from parklawn is getting built up.

will it block your view 100%? who knows, if you want a perfect view of the city+water unblocked, head over to marine parade and be willing to spend $575-590 per sq foot on a unit with a perfect view., but dont beleive the hype of the sales reps at south beach ... "oh we are on elevated land" bla bla bla from parklawn and lakeshore to southbeach condos they are maybe 10-15 feet higher, big deal. and then they will say "oh the new zoning, buildings have to be a certain amout of feet away and you will only have a SLIGHT portion blocked" ya thats a good one!

will it be like downtown where your view is blocked 90%? in my opinion no, but your views will for sure be blocked a certain amount to piss you off.

26 Jan 2010:

dsc00148u.jpg

i was at the sales office yesterday
already working on the second level of underground parking on phase 1 and have already began the shoring process on phase 2
is anyone else as excited as i am to see the finished product?

FYI to South Beach purchasers:

Its official, the east/south views from South Beach condos phase 1+2 respectively are down the drain ~

Given Times Group's relationship with Kirkor, I would not be suprised if they are the architects for this project as well~

Source: Urbanation's twitter site
Applications have been submitted by Times Group to develop a 36 storey condominium with 308 units @ 36 Park Lawn Road, this is the parcel immediately abutting the South Beach site in the below images

Click to Enlarge

Checking on the City of Toronto Development Applications Listing I found:

OPA / Rezoning, Application Number 10 104813 WET 06 OZ
Site Plan Approval, Application Number 10 104817 WET 06 SA
Date Received: Jan 14, 2010
Planner Name: Michael McCart, (416) 394-8228

Proposed rezoning to permit new 36 storey residential building with 308 suites, 3 levels of underground parking and covered garage.

Last edited:
Ppl - i am not too stressed out about new buildings coming up..
1. IT is going to be at least 5-7 years before they come..(i might even have kids by then)
2. South beach is a great choice because of the amenities / location / glamour factor which i have not seen in any other buildings as yet...

The other good thing is that there is a clear sign that this area is getting busier and busier - all the more indication of property price increase in the near future...

What Mimico and by extension Humber Bay Shores lack is shops. For such a large amount of yuppies living here there is a total retail segment being ignored.

Ppl - i am not too stressed out about new buildings coming up..
1. IT is going to be at least 5-7 years before they come..(i might even have kids by then)
2. South beach is a great choice because of the amenities / location / glamour factor which i have not seen in any other buildings as yet...

The other good thing is that there is a clear sign that this area is getting busier and busier - all the more indication of property price increase in the near future...

Wait, what glamour factor are you talking about? I was at the sales centre a few times and it was indeed very trendy and "glamourous" looking, as were the promotional products. But beyond that, I don't see much glamour at all. At it's core it's just another double glass tower with shared podium project, of which there are many in this city. I don't entirely see the glamour in living next to an expressway, railroad tracks and the food terminal, not to mention a sewage treatment not all that far away either.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I think the marketing geniuses really sold this one well. Yes the architecture is a bit better than most glass towers going up around town, the amenities are good and if/when the area becomes more people friendly instead of transport truck friendly the value of these units will most definitely increase. But until then.. I don't really see that the big deal is.

To me this area feels very isolated. I ride the streetcar through there every now and then and I feel that after Royal York (going east) the Lake Shore strip really loses it's community feel.. The condos in this neighbourhood, while attractive, do not really offer a condo lifestyle at all in my opinion. Other than proximity to the lake I don't really see what this area has to offer. You can't walk to much.
South Beach... it is not. It's not California either and this area is nowhere near the "Sea" that a nearby project claims to be "Beyond".

But hey, that's just me.

As of 2010.01.29

Visited the site to drop off papers for the condo. Took some pictures while I was there.

They are pretty much done half of the first parking level, and working on the others aswell.

They say the first group may be moving in as early as december 2010, and I will be in that group! I cannot wait... Although I did wish I baught on a higher floor :mad:

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 206
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 204
There is no way occupancy will begin before Spring of 2011 the earliest.

They've mentioned that they are ahead of schedule, and if they are accurate with their anticipations, they willl have no complaints from me!

congrads on your purchase D-Best ...

RE: estimated occupancy date, considering South Beach is just working on P3 (?) parking level now ... theres no way AT ALL POSSIBLE that move in would happen by end of this year, its simply unrealistic (I don't care what the sales people say) ... take for example, my building Solaris started excavation (very little) in December 2008 and estimated first occupancy is October 2010, and I even question if that is realistic since they are only on the 12th floor right now

Back