Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

The public space has a lot of potential, too. Oxford Properties held a bunch of tenant events over the years when I was working there, like summer BBQs. It's not as large as Bryant Park, but some green space or a skating rink might take pressure away from Nathan Phillips Square, which gets really crowded. It would also liven up this normally desolate part of the core, and there will soon be residents nearby to help push that along.

Last edited:
6983785003_73f5323cc5_b.jpg

6983780613_a1e74cd599_b.jpg

6983779715_da67a41699_b.jpg

6983780267_37feedae3f_b.jpg

Makes you want to dine at "Restaurant Hub."

Looks very interesting. I just hope the building isn't so toothpaste-green as shown in the video. Also, hats off to them for getting the moon so far north in that night shot.

Well 900k sf. vs. 1 million sf is equivalent to 4 floors at roughly 24-25,000 sf - so it would be 40 storeys plus mechanical. Not a major reduction by any means.
Well as you said it is shorter now, so that likely explains the space available now.

It seems they added a new interesting feature to the roof though !

I'm in love with this design... and I love how the fins peel off the facade at ground level... I'm a big fan of that effect.

I think this is a design that would look very good even if it was built at a shorter/stumpy height, OR as a much taller building.

I'm in love with this design... and I love how the fins peel off the facade at ground level... I'm a big fan of that effect.

I think this is a design that would look very good even if it was built at a shorter/stumpy height, OR as a much taller building.

Before you get too excited, just remember how beautiful the original ROM Crystal design was when it was first proposed, and then look at that hideous aluminum sided structure they saddled us with!

Nice - quite like it, something simple and memorable.

fred:

Highly doubt they will clad it with aluminium - much less aluminium cladding from Josef Gartner.

AoD

Before you get too excited, just remember how beautiful the original ROM Crystal design was when it was first proposed, and then look at that hideous aluminum sided structure they saddled us with!

I fail to see just about any parallels between this project and the ROM.

HUGE impact from NPS.... this along with INDX is gonna really change everything about the view... it won't be the classic FCP, Bay Adelaide, Scotia Plaza, and Trump fest.

BAC and trump part of the classic view? where was i for this :p

Well 900k sf. vs. 1 million sf is equivalent to 4 floors at roughly 24-25,000 sf - so it would be 40 storeys plus mechanical. Not a major reduction by any means.

Based on the render, its 39 floors (occupied) plus 4-5 for the mech. That would probably put a tad under the RBC center's 42s + 2-3s mech. So we're talking about 600ft/183m.

Back