Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Height increase? Looks to be about 40 stories!!! must say it looks pretty damn sexy!!

Last edited:
Height increase? Looks to be about 40 stories!!! must say it looks pretty damn sexy!!

I count 44 storeys, not including the mechanical roof, which looks like it may bring it to almost 50 storeys. This thing could be over 200 metres.

A reminder of the initial drawings:

And the one now shown on Oxford's project webpage:

I gotta say that the new renderings look much better; not simply because it's taller, but because it looks much better proportioned. The flaring facade made the original feel stumpy, but the massing of the latest renderings seems to elongate the angled facades so as to create a much sleeker vertical gesture... like Shangri-La but more organic.

Last edited:
^^Hear hear...

This height increase really helps the proportions of this gorgeous tower. Originally the 28s plan had 615,000sqft of leasable space, now it's a million. Oxford might know something we don't...

Based on the height increase ?

Yea maybe.

You know I checked out the site, at first to turn down the speculation I was going to state the stacking plan they show on the site still only has 28 stories.

But ... I then noticed the square footage of listed has increased i.e. it now lists:
Up to 1,000,000 sq. ft. of high-performance LEED Platinum CS space available

Used to only be 600 or so, so it definitely seems there's been an increase. Not sure they have a tenant though otherwise you'd think they'd mention a number less then 1,000,000 or update the stacking plan ? Maybe the tenant it taking the top 15 or so floors.

Much better now. The increased height really accentuates its sharp angles and dramatic figure. At (potentially) over 200 m, this sleek design should have quite a defining statement on the skyline.

very nice indeed, always great to see a new office tower...

This is my favourite office proposal. I wonder why RBC didn't consider this building over waterparkplace III. Are the lease rates substantially cheaper?

There has been a lot of movement and renovation within the existing Richmond-Adelaide Centre (new food court, renovation of 111 Richmond West) they could be moving over an existing tenant who wants more space?

This is my favourite office proposal. I wonder why RBC didn't consider this building over waterparkplace III. Are the lease rates substantially cheaper?

There has been a lot of movement and renovation within the existing Richmond-Adelaide Centre (new food court, renovation of 111 Richmond West) they could be moving over an existing tenant who wants more space?

I can guess, firstly both projects are by oxford (in terms of the leasing).

Big difference is the floor plate sizes on the first 5/6 stories, they're huge ! (in regard to WaterPark place).

What a beauty! I hope they have a tenant and can proceed soon! It's much more exciting than all the standard looking office towers going up in the southcore district.

Back