Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Happy Holidays from the Ritz-Carlton construction crew...

3119036897_a8ab9ce1d9_b.jpg

3119847092_15ff95596a_b.jpg

high hopes

since the earliest renderings i have been in love with project.

still, does anyone know what those podium supports will look like? if they stay as concrete i will be severely disappointed. pure white marvel would be a dream.

since the earliest renderings i have been in love with project.

still, does anyone know what those podium supports will look like? if they stay as concrete i will be severely disappointed. pure white marvel would be a dream.
marbel:D but ya that would look amazing

Last edited:
Marble marble marble

haha, sorry. yes, i did mean marble.

you're right marble does tend to look dirty over time, but hey, i still love first canadian place's look.

what do you guys think they'll cover them with? or do you think they'll leave them as concrete (a scary thought for me)

Larger render in today's Globe and Mail:

6884663.png

you're right marble does tend to look dirty over time, but hey, i still love first canadian place's look.

what do you guys think they'll cover them with? or do you think they'll leave them as concrete (a scary thought for me)

So, that's the best we've seen render-wise of the beams. Hard to tell it they'll be covered or not, but this doesn't seem to be a cheaply designed project, so I wouldn't be overly concerned...

Or pay more now, and get screwed and have to pay more later too.

such as in the pricey white carrera marble on FCP

Or sign a 50 year contract for supplying the replacement materials at a fixed cost like the original RBC building with gold plated windows. Never seizes to amaze me.

Back