Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

about taking to long for the floors to go up..

well its different and more corners ans lot of little walls, steeps.. and lot more.. and besides...
this is the 2 lobbies between the hotel and condominium...right on mike..well said...

Last edited:
they seem to have gotten stuck around floor 21/22 for months - literally. I walk by there every day and remember the first 20 floors going up pretty quickly.
maybe they put all their manpower and effort into that big ole podium? just a theory

The 22nd floor is where the building changes structure. Floorplates shift and two seperate mechanical systems have to be installed at this point (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire protection). There is additional hand forming and intricate reinforcing occuring at this stage which is rather time consuming. Setting the sleeves for the network of pipes and ducts for the next stage of construction is also very time consuming.

Once construction is past the 22nd floor the forms should rise much more quickly and start to flare out.

Yesterday.

First%20Day%20at%20BB%20083.jpg

Peering out from the right.

First%20Day%20at%20BB%20084.jpg

Once construction is past the 22nd floor the forms should rise much more quickly and start to flare out.
__

great. thanks for the info. makes sense.

March 14

They are installing the clear reflective glass on the podium on the north side.
3355272502_5f7abb80f3_b.jpg

South side.
3355272510_69e90e0a45_b.jpg

Wow! really reflective glass on the podium......thx for the updates today, current.........:)

March 14, 2009

Great shot showing the scale of Ritz, RBC, BoA etc. against each other. I thought Ritz was further along until I saw this photo.

Last edited:
awesome pictures...

We all wanna thank you to each of you that went to the trouble to take those pictures awesome .. beautiful take...

great shots from the skydome and harbourfront..

thank you all u people that took the time and and pictures are once again that hotel ritz will fill lot of void from every angle as one can see.. hope u all agree once done will stand out..
thank you again fro your hard work people that took those pictures..

Back