Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Looks like most of the major steel structure is now in place at the Ritz.

What is that black material that runs up the middle of the building to the roof? Is that venting or black glass?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pics from yesterday:

103_2993.jpg

103_2991.jpg

103_2984.jpg

I walked by the site yesterday and am really interested in seeing the finished look of the base of the tower. The size and massing are very dramatic when standing right in front of it. I remember seeing a member criticize the base as being "dated" but I think it's going to turn out spectacular when it's finished.

February 15 2009 update

South View
IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

West View
IMG_3372.jpg

Northwest View
IMG_3373.jpg

North View
IMG_3376.jpg

Future Lobby Drop-off Area
IMG_3374.jpg

What could be the future 'white' cladding?
IMG_3375.jpg

The cantilevered podium (and diagonal concrete supports) and the frosted glass bits we're seeing are ridiculously sexy.

They aren't unusually short -- the windows just don't go from floor to ceiling, so they look shorter. Check out the top floors just beneath the blue forms where they haven't installed glass or precast cladding yet...

Is it just me or are they using different colour strips between the windows on either side of the building.

On the south side it's a beige type colour and on the north side it's gray/back/blue mix?

The North side looks way better! Why didn't they use that on the south side as well.

Or is the light in the picture playing tricks on me.

Back