Hamilton Radio Arts | 47.6m | 14s | Canlight | KNYMH

I didnt realize how close this build was to the sidewalk on King. This really should've been set back further, it's a really cramped corner over at King and Caroline speaking from my days of waiting for the bus at that corner.

I didnt realize how close this build was to the sidewalk on King. This really should've been set back further, it's a really cramped corner over at King and Caroline speaking from my days of waiting for the bus at that corner.
Isn't it just taking up the same footprint the original building did though?

Without the new LRT designs, we don't know, but the 2017 design shows the sidewalk shrinking even further actually too
1000004729.png

Without the new LRT designs, we don't know, but the 2017 design shows the sidewalk shrinking even further actually too
View attachment 546464

The City doesn’t seem to be enforcing or even encouraging ‘LRT-supportive’ design in many developments along the line.

How did they not enforce the setback bylaw here, but in the east end dozens of deeply-affordable buildings keep getting torn down for this ‘right of way’. For a tram design we don’t even have yet (or anymore I suppose).

Why does Vrancor’s King & Queen development have a surface parking lot facing LRT tracks?

Why isn’t retail / commercial / community space units being mandated at street level along this corridor?

The City needs to get its act together, cuz this mishmash of hasty developments isn’t doing much in the city-building department.

The City doesn’t seem to be enforcing or even encouraging ‘LRT-supportive’ design in many developments along the line.

How did they not enforce the setback bylaw here, but in the east end dozens of deeply-affordable buildings keep getting torn down for this ‘right of way’. For a tram design we don’t even have yet (or anymore I suppose).

Why does Vrancor’s King & Queen development have a surface parking lot facing LRT tracks?

Why isn’t retail / commercial / community space units being mandated at street level along this corridor?

The City needs to get its act together, cuz this mishmash of hasty developments isn’t doing much in the city-building department.
Maybe they, like everyone else, don't expect the LRT to actually get BUILT, and just used it as an opportunity to clean house on buildings they didn't like.

Maybe they, like everyone else, don't expect the LRT to actually get BUILT, and just used it as an opportunity to clean house on buildings they didn't like.

Hey! Cmon, man! They saved a whole chimney with birds living in it!

Give em a social media award already!

as the estimated budget for it climbs yearly..
As do tax revenues, economic benefits and other things too though.

With inflation alone between 2015 and today the $1 billion would have been $1.267b.

Based on inflation the $3.4b that was announced in 2021 is closer to $3.9b today (unless the $3.4b accounted for inflation, which I'm pretty sure they do within a reasonable timeframe).

Back