Hamilton Radio Arts | 47.6m | 14s | Canlight | KNYMH

The first floor of this building is significantly taller than the first floor across the street at 213 King St from my ability to view these:
1000003528.jpg

I don't really get the high ceilinged first floor especially for restaurants as the noise just bounces around and makes it very noisy

I am happy that the ground floor ceiling height is amped up, the space will make for a much more interesting experience versus the opposite. Let's just hope that there is a tenant!

I like a mix. I don't love when every single building has double height first floors, as it means it's difficult to get cozy retail spaces, but having some is nice for an elevated restaurant or bar. I think Plank on Augusta does a great job with the high ceilings, but cafes, bars, and cozy ecclectic brunch spots do better I think in smaller spaces, think MaiPai, The Brain or Mulberry.

Lol thank god for the need for daylight triangles or we'd never have any 45 degree angles on buildings at all :p

Although it regrettable this one had to be demolished as it does kinda take away from its design the daylight triangle.. but still.. excited to see it completed. This is a bit more my style this one - traditionalish podium, modern top - can def. get in on that :)

Let's get some of those renders on page 2 for good measure :) - I will admit, it does give a lot more focus to that side street than the past building did so that's kinda cool.

Juliette balconies always kinda scare me - at least the modern kind - just how well are they anchored? How much weight can they support leaning against them until someone plummets to their doom..? Can they weather the rigors of children?

Buut, before anyone says it.. yes.. cornices <3 - and a broken pediment cornice to boost! So fancy :p

all jokes aside however, I think this design was very tastefully done and fits in very well with the surroundings - there - see, I'm not grumpy and surly ALL the time lol.. It's got that whole "empire" feeling from king william, where the glass cuts neatly into the traditional build look - I like it :) - fusions are the way to go to keep everyone happy imo :)

..my only regret on this one is it took having an existing traditional building here to make them design a traditional podium modeled after it. If that building wasn't there the podium would most likely have been generic - but oh well.

hamilt-jpg.375587

screenshot_20220202-092920_instagram-jpg.378092

Last edited:
Will this one have retail at all, I can't remember? The podium looks like a perfect match for a nice cafe.

Wow that's a lot of space taken up for cars.. sure hope that car stacker doesn't break down..

Got any of the other floor plans?

Back