Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Wonderful view of Midtown Manhattan in that last suite rendering!

okay ... maybe someone can clarify this for me.

why does everything from the 560front site indicate this project is at 560 King Street West ???

the title and even the description ...

Situated in Toronto's Entertainment and Fashion Districts, and within minutes of the Financial district, the Downtown West has an urban feel and a unique vibrancy that emanates from the red-brick Victorian industrial architecture that dominates the streetscape.

Until recently, there were limited residential options in Downtown West. However, in the past few years the rezoning of King-Spadina commercial buildings into residential lofts and the downtown condominium and townhome building boom have made it possible for many more people to live, work and play in this vibrant urban neighbourhood.

Within Downtown West, King Street West has experienced a branding makeover in the last decade and is now a destination for stylish, high-end restaurants such as Crush, Blowfish, Jacobs & Co. and Thuet, and lounges and dance clubs including Cheval and Footwork. A block south, Wellington is home to many of the city's top advertising agencies, and more great restaurants and cafés.

The physical and social centre of the Niagara neighbourhood is Stanley Park, a multi-recreational park and entertainment facility that is well used by area residents. Niagara offers convenient access to Toronto's business and entertainment districts, and is conveniently close to the Rogers Centre, Exhibition Place, the Harbourfront and the Toronto Islands.

Stretching west of Bathurst, King and Queen streets have continued to reinvent themselves, with the Carpet Factory and Liberty Village evolving into genuine employment centres, and hotspots such as The Drake Hotel and The Gladstone Hotel offering additional options for dining and nightlife.

These two leading firms combined their respective geniuses to create RÊVE, a brilliant new Toronto condo set to revolutionize the identity of Toronto’s KING WEST. Its glass and steel exterior dominates Toronto’s KING WEST, cleverly fusing modern design with strong clean lines, all fashioned for comfortable urban living.

Last edited:
The way the promo is worded it can be easily construed that they are talking about a neighbourhood, not just one street.

That's what it sounds like to me. The King West area/neighbourhood. King St. is only a couple blocks north.

interchange42 said:
The way the promo is worded it can be easily construed that they are talking about a neighbourhood, not just one street.

That's what it sounds like to me. The King West area/neighbourhood. King St. is only a couple blocks north.

i thought the same thing, but even the header of Tridel's website says:
Reve Condos - Toronto, 560 King Street West unless someone made an error?
there is a description stating that this building spans Front Street to Niagara so it must be an error, or a feable ploy to market Front Street as King Street West.

i don't recall seeing building renderings for aloft/ELEMENT hotel's project ... is it the same design?

okay, found some renderings:
560FrontStreetWest4.jpg

560FrontStreetWest5.jpg

560FrontStreetWest6.jpg

560FrontStreetWest7.jpg

560FrontStreetWest8.jpg

Last edited:
Google Street View - 560 Front Street

Here is the GSV shot of where 560 was at in it's previous incarnation, looking north from Front Street. Looks like it was taken in late spring.

Here is the link to GSV at this location for you to explore on your own. Great new feature for UT'ers to use to browse existing conditions!
http://bit.ly/3QVl1D

S'Bus
560frontstreet.jpg

Last edited:
Tridel, any inside knowledge as to what the red cladding might be? At points, especially near the top, it seems to be perforated while in others it's solid.

i thought the same thing, but even the header of Tridel's website says:
Reve Condos - Toronto, 560 King Street West unless someone made an error?
there is a description stating that this building spans Front Street to Niagara so it must be an error, or a feable ploy to market Front Street as King Street West.

i don't recall seeing building renderings for aloft/ELEMENT hotel's project ... is it the same design?

okay, found some renderings:

cdr108, these renderings are more recent. I believe this is how the hotel was to be finished.

Attachments

• a rev 01.jpg
    a rev 01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 263
  • b rev 01.jpg
    b rev 01.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 245
  • c rev 01.jpg
    c rev 01.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
with approx floorplate of 85 ft x 250 ft, i wonder if they'll have 'wide and shallow' or 'narrow and long' floorplans ???

any ideas if Tridel kept the main ideas of Page & Steele's work for aloft, with revisions by Wallman-Burka; or W-B did a complete re-draw ???

doing a complete re-draw would cause delays, and considering the timely manner this has come to market after the purchase i'm assuming it's a revision.

the foundation has been poured, set and almost at ground level, so this project is ready to go !!!
heck, it could even be completed by end of 2010/early 2011.

I like it a lot - great example of the type of modestly sized infill this city should be filled with. Tridel's quality of architecture just keeps getting better.

Great new feature for UT'ers to use to browse existing conditions!
Not quite existing. It's not a "live" view of existing conditions, unless conditions are still the same from when the images were taken. Although I'm sure you know that anyway ;)
Tridel, any inside knowledge as to what the red cladding might be? At points, especially near the top, it seems to be perforated while in others it's solid.
I have a feeling it is going to be precast slightly darker than what we are seeing at CityPlace Parade right now.

Back