News   May 08, 2024
 425     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 743     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Toronto police $100K club continues to grow

I don't think the police are overpaid in general. However, this court appearance cash cow for traffic tickets doesn't make much sense to me.

I still remember being pulled over for making an illegal right turn on a red. (Didn't know that specific intersection forbade rights on red.) The policeman went out of his way to try to convince me to fight the ticket in court. He made it sound like he was being nice to me, so I could get the fine and/or points reduced, but the whole time it felt to me like he had $ signs dancing through his head.

I don't think the police are overpaid in general. However, this court appearance cash cow for traffic tickets doesn't make much sense to me.

I still remember being pulled over for making an illegal right turn on a red. (Didn't know that specific intersection forbade rights on red.) The policeman went out of his way to try to convince me to fight the ticket in court. He made it sound like he was being nice to me, so I could get the fine and/or points reduced, but the whole time it felt to me like he had $ signs dancing through his head.

officer did the same thing to me once, I got a speeding ticket for doing 60 in a 50 zone, sorry its not worth me taking a day off work to fight a $30 speeding ticket. A few years back i got busted doing 25 km/h over the speed limit the female officer that pulled me over was a good friend of my families and knew my uncle who at the time was a Sgt. for Peel region, she let me off the hook with a warning calling it an early christmas gift lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some quick cellphone pictures. I think Nickelback was playing the ACC. I know, I shuttered too.

The entrance:
4503374539_ecc6bb93d4_b.jpg

Are those police bikes? Five of them together.

Cops in this city: one to a car; at least two, sometimes more, together when you see them on bikes (same thing with horses); six on deck when the boat is cruising the bay at Harbourfront on a nice day.

Last edited:

Back