Mississauga Pinnacle Uptown: Crystal Condominiums | 167m | 28s | Pinnacle | Richmond Architects

Is there a thread for Pinnacle's other Mississauga site?

From commitee of adjustment May 7 2009.

PINNACLE INTERNATIONAL (ONTARIO) LIMITED is the owner of Part of Lot 20, Concession 1
N.D.S., located and known as 3991 GRAND PARK DRIVE, zoned H-CC2(1), Holding provision
Commercial. The applicant requests the Committee to authorize a minor variance to permit the
construction of a condominium sales office on the subject property; whereas By-law 0225-2007, as
amended, makes no provisions for such a use in a H-CC2(1) zone in this instance.

Pinnacle purchased this site in September 2007 for $6.45 million.

Oh Pinnacle bought that site as well? Wow! Kind of disappointing though. I don't like builders taking such huge plots of land. I'd rather see multiple builders on these plots, so you don't end up with the same crap repeated several times.

Oh Pinnacle bought that site as well? Wow! Kind of disappointing though. I don't like builders taking such huge plots of land. I'd rather see multiple builders on these plots, so you don't end up with the same crap repeated several times.

I have to agree with you there. Randomness from different developers is better. At least MCC has Daniels, Amacon, and Tridel.

I have to agree with you there. Randomness from different developers is better. At least MCC has Daniels, Amacon, and Tridel.

ugh @ Tridel though. I keep forgetting 1 City Centre is a Daniels project. I hope they use some more glass in their next tower to mix things up a bit.

Even Tridel has improved with Ultra Ovation. Daniels went in the opposite direction: started off really great (1 City Centre still the best in MCC) but went downhill quickly, each new tower worse than the last. The whole Central Park development is terrible... even the name is just... ugh.

I agree that Daniels developments from the outside has gone downhill. However I hear 1 City Centre has very tiny units. I've heard that many times.

Tridel has gotten a *bit* better with Ultra Ovation. I've been in the Ovation towers, and the interiors are really great. It's a shame they're so ugly on the outside. Slab towers are hideous period, no matter who builds them.

I agree that Daniels developments from the outside has gone downhill. However I hear 1 City Centre has very tiny units. I've heard that many times.

I think it depends on the unit but yes some of them seem quite small. I think partly due to poor design, and I think the fact that the ceilings are only 8 feet has a lot to do with it as well...

Even Tridel has improved with Ultra Ovation. Daniels went in the opposite direction: started off really great (1 City Centre still the best in MCC) but went downhill quickly, each new tower worse than the last. The whole Central Park development is terrible... even the name is just... ugh.

No kidding.

When I was shooting Chicago a few days ago, it starting to turn out like the last thing they built and too thin.

The base looks poor.

from today's Daily Commercial News...........:eek:

RESIDENTIAL, COMMERICIAL, OFFICE DEVELOPMENT Proj: 9096327-2

Mississauga, Peel Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

Blocks 2 to 8, Eglinton Ave W, Hurontario Street, Cooksville Creek, L5R
$375,400,000 est

Note: Owner is seeking City Council site plan approvals. Approvals are expected late Fall, 2009. Schedules for Working drawings, tender and construction of Block One have been finalized. This block will now be followed under report number 9106773. Schedules for Working drawings, tender and construction of subsequent blocks are undetermined. Further update Winter, 2009.
Project: proposed construction of a mixed-use development. Block Two will include one mid-rise apartment tower, ranging in height from 6-12 storeys with a maximum area of 127,950 sq ft, 128 residential units and retail space at grade level; One 18 storey 145,529 sq ft apartment building with 159 units and retail space at grade level; One 25 storey, 204,283 sq ft apartment tower with 225 units; and one 50 storey 406,876 sq ft apartment tower with 450 units. Also included will be eight 4-storey, three bedroom townhouse units in one block with a maximum area of 19,633 sq ft. Block Three will include one 18-storey, 145,420 apartment tower with 159 units and retail space at grade level; One 42-storey, 367,318 sq ft apartment building with 429 units and retail and office space at grade level; and one 42-storey 367,318 sq ft apartment building with 429 units and retail and office space at grade level. This Block may also include a private amenity block for residents with recreation space for residents and further retail space. Block Four will include one midrise 12-storey, 136,917 sq ft apartment building with 168 units. One 18-storey, 149,930 sq ft apartment building with 159 units and retail space at grade level. One 42-storey 386,209 sq ft apartment tower with 429 units and retail and office space at grade level. Block Five will include one midrise 12 storey 145,388 sq ft apartment building with 88 units and retail space at grade level. One midrise 6-12 storey, 190,671 sq ft apartment building with 279 units. 41 three-storey townhouse units, with a total area of 50,310 sq ft. The project will also include construction of public parkland and green space in blocks six, seven and eight. Block One; a 25 storey apartment building with 352 units and a 28 storey apartment tower with 425 units and ten townhouse units in one structure will now be followed under report number 9106773.
Scope: 3,443,756 square feet; 32 storeys; 15 structures; 3408 units; 5 hectares
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Shopping centres, plazas, malls; Commercial offices

Back