Toronto Parliament Slip | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | West 8

Even though it's considered more low brow/plebeian, a cinema would probably bring in more traffic than a theatre. There are lots of film studios in the area too so a cinema would build on what's already there.
Well, they should think about relocating the Cinesphere if they’re so intent on building the super spa nobody wants over on the other side

Well, they should think about relocating the Cinesphere if they’re so intent on building the super spa nobody wants over on the other side

Pie in the sky, but I wouldn't have an issue with that super spa if there was upgraded PT to the site, no parking garage, and have the whole complex another asset owned and run by the City of Toronto with free admission.; much like Jimmy Simpson swimming pool. London treat their museums and galleries as public amenities. Why not an indoor/outdoor water park for the people of Toronto? Money is obviously the stumbling block but maybe the Thomson family can gift it. They're worth $61 billion USD. How about you, Mr. Weston?

Was lucky enough to have a meeting on the 48th floor of Commerce Court yesterday (March 13) and grabbed some photos.

1000027576.jpg

1710439234018.png

Last edited:
Once all the water is pumped out will the pumps continue running to keep the water from coming back or will it be sealed off like a tub?

Once all the water is pumped out will the pumps continue running to keep the water from coming back or will it be sealed off like a tub?
I may not be correct but see no reason to pump the area dry, why not just dump 'fill' into this new enclosed area - the fill will displace the water, which will flow back into the Lake. This is just another 'lake filling' project (which are common) and I do not think it will have a 'liner' (or at least not one that could only be created if the area was dry.

From WT March Newsletter.

Construction Notice

Construction Notice: Queens Quay East Lakefill

Construction continues to fill in the head of Parliament Slip and create a new dockwall. Current work includes the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) safely relocating fish from the construction area at the end of March, dredging throughout April and the placement of infill material in May. There will be increased truck traffic while this work is being done. This work will enable the extension of Queens Quay East and realignment of Parliament Street to support the future road network and planned light rail transit in the area. Construction is expected to be complete by January 2025. Read the construction notice for details.

Even though it's considered more low brow/plebeian, a cinema would probably bring in more traffic than a theatre. There are lots of film studios in the area too so a cinema would build on what's already there.
Personally, I think this would be a great site for a proper planetarium. I know somthing is being planned for the U of T but this site is infinity times better. Just my opinion.

Personally, I think this would be a great site for a proper planetarium. I know somthing is being planned for the U of T but this site is infinity times better. Just my opinion.
Yeah, but the Distillery has the Illuminarium, which will most definitely last for ages as it becomes a beloved institution <blink> Who needs a planetarium?? <blink> <blink>

Back