Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Given its visibility from the Gardiner, I think this skybridge may make Parade somewhat of an icon (in the literal, non-marketing sense) for CityPlace and Toronto.

Concord Adex should have publicized this event, that would have brought more people and press out, and make for a great community event. Everyone wins.
The project is called Parade, there should have been one, though not in the middle of the night.

Concord missed the opportunity to add more information on the banner, such as their website or Parade info as there are still units left. It doesn't have to be much, that's prime advertising space. Many of the other condo towers are putting banners on their buildings that are under construction.

Did anyone record the raising? It would be really cool to see a time lapsed video of it.

I started a timelapse, as did a few others i spoke to. I didnt quite have the endurance to stay there for 15 hours and upon informing the other would-be timelapsers how long the actual raising would take, they didn't seem to keen on staying either. Also saw some professional photogs so you might get to see a timelapse eventually, just not from me.

Been following twitter (for the first time ever as i'm not a twitterite) just found this, tweeted by "thesplitverse"

AwU2ljNCAAA_NIz.jpg:large

Are those three slots on the underside of the bridge where the glass floor is supposed to be?
I was told there will be a glass floor for the lower level amenity floor of the bridge, I was expecting something more substantial and dramatic than those three strips.

Our front page story is up now (with some more shots than are in the thread) - and depending on what else is uploaded here, we will add to it. We cannot add, for example, the twitpic by thesplitverse that someMidTowner has uploaded, but good shots by Forum members will be added. More info in the story about glass floors and time-lapse too…

Cheers!

Canoe landing park lights

Any news on this Tuscani? Its now June and they still haven't turned on those purdy li'l lights.

The "purdy lights" are on and are intended to shine into the trees and shrubs that are growing on the hillside. For a full effect- you will have to wait just a few years.

The bridge attaches at floors 29, 30, and 31 in real world terms, otherwise known as 33, 35, and 36 in Concord-speak.

^^^

The only major condo development in Toronto that numbers its floors according to Asian supersitions.

This is the 21st century right? Science has triumped over magic I believe.

Back