Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

If the view is nice, it would a waste not to have the bridge enjoyable by at least the residents of the building. Why build this dramatic and potentially iconic link so that one or two people can enjoy it? That would be anticlimactic. The approach taken is a good one, attaining a combination of amenities space for the prominence of the space and residences for the value. Everyone will be curious about the bridge; giving all residents the opportunity to take visitors there will make it a great amenity and use of space.

Assuming residents actually use it. Much of our amenity space sits empty 80% of the time. It would be a shame if it were a $14M pool table room and movie room. :)

It's growing!

Parade20120213cjw1.jpg

Parade20120213cjw2.jpg

Pretty big too.

$7M?
Concord?

LOL

I was told $3-4 million each (still a rediculous amount). I'm guessing they haven't really finalized the price of these units until they get a serious buyer.
Concord is having a hard time selling anything over $800,000 so dispite the novelty of being in the bridge it will be a very long time before they sell these two units.

At that kind of money will anyone be willing to live in the same building as 900 other neighbours, many of them renters?
They would rather spend that much living in one of the condo/hotel residences which has much more prestige.

I was told $3-4 million each (still a rediculous amount). I'm guessing they haven't really finalized the price of these units until they get a serious buyer.
Concord is having a hard time selling anything over $800,000 so dispite the novelty of being in the bridge it will be a very long time before they sell these two units.

At that kind of money will anyone be willing to live in the same building as 900 other neighbours, many of them renters?
They would rather spend that much living in one of the condo/hotel residences which has much more prestige.

Concord isn't having any more trouble selling its $1 million + properties than any other builder at this moment. It's not even really having a difficult time at all. Sales are still going strong. One of the penthouses at Luna recently went for 1.2 million and it was only listed for a short while. It wasn't even the main penthouse suite. You pay per sq.ft, and Concord has pretty spacious units. The finishes are also pretty nice compared to what you would get for the same price in other projects.

Pretty impressive - I wonder how they are going to hoist it up (presumably using the crane at Parade? But it looks really quite heavy...)

AoD

Concord isn't having any more trouble selling its $1 million + properties than any other builder at this moment. It's not even really having a difficult time at all. Sales are still going strong. One of the penthouses at Luna recently went for 1.2 million and it was only listed for a short while. It wasn't even the main penthouse suite. You pay per sq.ft, and Concord has pretty spacious units. The finishes are also pretty nice compared to what you would get for the same price in other projects.

I agree, price per sq.ft. Cityplace has the best values, and has some of the best amenities of any condo in the city.
I noticed that many of their townhouse units are the slowest to sell (priced around $800-900k) which many are bought to be used for commercial. In my building there is a 1,700 sq.ft. unit which is not a penthouse, but near the top, that was reduced $150,000 to $999k and has been on and off the market for more than a year, however that was a resale and probably bought on speculation.
It will be interesting to see who buys these bridge units, and how these units are like.

As for the bridge structure, I am also curious on how it will be lifted into place.
There is only one crane, on Parade 2, which doesn't look strong enough to lift the entire structure. That bridge is BIG!

I agree, price per sq.ft. Cityplace has the best values, and has some of the best amenities of any condo in the city.
I noticed that many of their townhouse units are the slowest to sell (priced around $800-900k) which many are bought to be used for commercial. In my building there is a 1,700 sq.ft. unit which is not a penthouse, but near the top, that was reduced $150,000 to $999k and has been on and off the market for more than a year, however that was a resale and probably bought on speculation.
It will be interesting to see who buys these bridge units, and how these units are like.

As for the bridge structure, I am also curious on how it will be lifted into place.
There is only one crane, on Parade 2, which doesn't look strong enough to lift the entire structure. That bridge is BIG!

There will one crane like pulley system (I don't know the technical term) on each tower installed to pull the bridge up. One side will be inserted into one of the towers first, then the other side will be swung into place, sort of like a clasp.

Sorry I can't use more technical terms. I'm not an engineer. I just saw a video on it by a marketing manager at Concord.

The video also showed the bridge going up end of June/early July around 5am (depending on wind conditions). The bridge is slated to be completed around the end of this year early next year.

As for the price, I thought I heard $7 million each penthouse, but maybe its $7 million for both (which will match what another poster has quoted). Either way, its way out of my payscale!

This bridge is huge! Here's some perspective compared to the yellow bridge. I wonder if they're going to finish it fully before lifting it into place, or just the structure and then finish it once it's up there. Doesn't seem like it needs another 4 months, but what do I know.

photo.JPG

I hate the colour of this building but I like the shape and of course, that bridge will be a nice feature.
[video=youtube;aIjCvCnjPsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIjCvCnjPsM[/video]

I hate the colour of this building but I like the shape and of course, that bridge will be a nice feature.

I'm in agreement with you. The colors not great(too much of that power/baby blue around there), but the shape is. Now if someone could just combine the two.
And thanks for the vid.

Wow, judge much? I'm not sure who is more ignorant, you or somebody who drives a Hummer.

Well said. This forum attracts some of the most pretentious, judgemental people I've ever come across. I'd rather spend time with a Hummer driver than the average Urban Toronto "Lifestyle Judge".

Looks like I will be overseas when this bridge is hoisted and too bad I wouldn't see it go up.

If it happens before the 19th, I am ok.

I thought they were bring in the 600T crawler for this lift.

When it goes up, stand back and watch it, as this is a once in a lifetime event and a very rare thing to see.

As for the color, its the old humm!! story cookie cutter.

Have to find sometime to get down there for some update photo shots, as its been sometime I have been down there.

Back