Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Btw, the "Screw our Streetcars" moniker is quite misleading - the group has nothing to do with the existing streetcar routes.

Proposed new LRT routes they are rallying against are not usually called "streetcars".

^ "Save our Subways" sounds generic, it can apply to existing subways or to proposed new subways.

On the contrary, "Screw our Streetcars" implies that they want to eliminate the existing streetcar routes - and this is very misleading, as their proposals do not affect existing streetcar routes.

They are certainly screwing me - as I'd be a regular rider of the proposed Don Mills streetcar.

Besides ... it's catchy. And in the 21st century - how can one resist a sound-bite!

Did anyone read the Toronto Star chat with Adam Giambrone? Regarding the DRL, he says:

The TTC is starting the studies next year and it will then be up to the Province and Federal governments to find the $4-7 billion dollars required to build the line. It would likely take 6-8 years from when funding was confirmed.

Did anyone read the Toronto Star chat with Adam Giambrone? Regarding the DRL, he says:

The TTC is starting the studies next year and it will then be up to the Province and Federal governments to find the $4-7 billion dollars required to build the line. It would likely take 6-8 years from when funding was confirmed.

Hadn't seen that - thanks!

After all these things through, Miller now announces his push for DRL?, Late call, bub. But I'm now starting to feel optimistic about the future of TTC, after all. If this goes through, I guess I'm all in for other subway plans across GTA. :)

I still miss the proposed idea for Queen Subway... :(

David Miller NOW comes out with support for the DRL? Too little too late I'm afraid. And the DRL is very important. But as I was realizing in the SOS thread, we really need to focus on fixing the mistakes on the Sheppard line and Danforth/SRT before building an entirely new line.

David Miller NOW comes out with support for the DRL? Too little too late I'm afraid. And the DRL is very important. But as I was realizing in the SOS thread, we really need to focus on fixing the mistakes on the Sheppard line and Danforth/SRT before building an entirely new line.

Too little too late - in what sense?

To make DRL happen, his support will be useful, regardless of his position on other corridors.

For his own political future, and to re-gain respect of subway proponents? He probably does not care, as he is retiring from the public office anyway.

Too little too late - in what sense?

To make DRL happen, his support will be useful, regardless of his position on other corridors.

For his own political future, and to re-gain respect of subway proponents? He probably does not care, as he is retiring from the public office anyway.

Too little too late in the sense that he wasted his entire term in office with nothing to show for it. the Spadina Subway extension wasn't his baby. The DRL wasn't pursued under his administration. If he was serious about it, we'd be building the DRL NOW! And not worrying about useless LRT on Sheppard East.

Too little too late in the sense that he wasted his entire term in office with nothing to show for it. the Spadina Subway extension wasn't his baby. The DRL wasn't pursued under his administration. If he was serious about it, we'd be building the DRL NOW! And not worrying about useless LRT on Sheppard East.

Kinda Bush-like image here.
Miller brought the city down until he now calls for support DRL? Just as similar to what Bush announced declaring protection of some of the largest ocean sites.

Meh, better late than never. Given the recent string of fiascos with the TTC it'd be political suicide not to endorse such a well-deserving project. The public needs incentive to justify paying ever growing costs to ride a deteriorating system. This is a start.

Meh, better late than never. Given the recent string of fiascos with the TTC it'd be political suicide not to endorse such a well-deserving project. The public needs incentive to justify paying ever growing costs to ride a deteriorating system. This is a start.

Agreed, make this a priority first, save the announcement FOR 2015 PAN-AM!

They can make all the announcements they want, but what the DRL needs is funding. Get an alignment figured out, and build it.

Back