Toronto Ontario Court of Justice Toronto | 95.7m | 17s | Infrastructure ON | Renzo Piano

It awaits Site Plan Approval, as AFAIK has only applied for shoring permits at this point.

Pic taken Aug 15, 2018

Sbkz1Aq.jpg

Likelihood of this project being caught up, at least temporarily, in the new government's spending review? Potential for a material delay or deferral? Major value re-engineering?

Likelihood of this project being caught up, at least temporarily, in the new government's spending review? Potential for a material delay or deferral? Major value re-engineering?
I don't think that is likely. Infrastructure Ontario is a crown corporation, not a ministerial agency. Not to say they are impervious to the new government's meddling, but their day-to-day operations and handling of projects is fairly independent from ministry interference, unlike say, a Metrolinx.

I don't think that is likely. Infrastructure Ontario is a crown corporation, not a ministerial agency. Not to say they are impervious to the new government's meddling, but their day-to-day operations and handling of projects is fairly independent from ministry interference, unlike say, a Metrolinx.
But isn't the province ultimately paying for this project? Yes, they will pay penalties for breaching a contract, but it's still doable.
I don't want to give them any ideas though.

Hasn't stopped them meddling with Hydro One.

I suppose the Province could be reviewing the decision to close the local courts and move them downtown.

Back