Mississauga One Park Tower | ?m | 38s | Daniels | Kirkor

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Buildings & Architecture thread now since it's complete?
Although I'm not sure if anyone is living in it yet.

The absolute towers are awesome from the north and east facing sides. It's too bad the south and west facing sides are hideous because then they'd be the nicest.
Although I think the Citygate buildings and Solstice are still the nicest towers yet.

July 5-08

2641487346_093da88fb8_m.jpg

2641487314_cf9723bb08_m.jpg

2640660403_11af491e7b.jpg

2641487694_38731509f1.jpg

2641487624_d37c475c12.jpg

2641487580_fb23f0a233.jpg

2640660213_f541a3befc.jpg

I absolutely love this building!

Once the new restaurant is opened and urban park below are completed, I'm sure even more people will agree that is handsome and unique building in the skyline.

I'm still predicting it will win a people's choice award at the Mississauga Urban Design Awards next year.

Louroz

Great pics drum118 ! thx

I too think this is a great building ... I'm not a big fan of this builder, but it does appear the building was built closer resembling the original rendering as marketed...

while some have commented on the 'faux' architectural elements, from the ground it looks perfectly handsome to me~ (maybe less so if you live at the unit where the gargoyles are located)

My thoughts ... nice building ... surely makes a statement in MCC

I think the podium could have been a bit better, but overall the building met my expectations. FutureMayor is right when he says more people will appreciate this building once the park is built and the restaurant moves in. The gargoyles will definitely be a fun feature for children and everyone who will be enjoying the park.

Oh, I understand from speaking to staff, that those massive inner circle driveways will be eliminated in future phases.

We are already beginning to see the evolution away from that model with Chicago.

Louroz

Oh, I understand from speaking to staff, that those massive inner circle driveways will be eliminated in future phases.

We are already beginning to see the evolution away from that model with Chicago.

Louroz

Thanks for that tidbit Mr. Mayor. 'Tis good news.

I really like the entrance treatment they did off of Confederation Parkway. It frames the Civic Centre perfectly...

03092008124.jpg

- Andy

Yes, I like it too. I walked past it a few weeks ago.
It feels very public, and not private. Anyone can sit on those benches if they feel.

When is the restaurant going to open? And where in the building? I was trying to figure that out. I haven't seen any signs yet.

I can't see anywhere that a restaurant could go...the side facing Confederation is the health club/pool. What a waste of what should have been retail...

Yes, when I walked past it, I couldn't figure out where a restaurant could go either. Maybe it got scrapped.

Back