Mississauga One Park Tower | ?m | 38s | Daniels | Kirkor

FM, you know I love yuh, but, if what you're predicting comes true, then that will be an excuse for Mississauga bashing, because then the whole populace will be implicated. Here we're justing bashing one silly building, and not because it's in Mississauga Phunky, because it's silly.

How will the Absoluteworld people feel about winning a Mississauga Urban Design Award in a couple of years if the award has been tainted by this project being a past winner? Makes yuh think...

I'd have to agree. There's nothing special about the tower in the first place...the gargoyles just take it down another notch. Even the base has issues. If this is all that's necessary to win an urban design award in Mississauga, well, then they have a long way to go.

Ganja - where's that monster you posted? Vegas? (Shudder)

It's incredible how people are up in arms about some little silly building detail.

Or not.

It's incredible how people are up in arms about some little silly building detail.

Or not.

Well, it's not just the gargoyles...it's the final product after everything is taken into consideration.

Well, it's not just the gargoyles...it's the final product after everything is taken into consideration.

It's not that far off from all the other Daniel's developments in Mississauga. Were you guys expecting something different?

It's not that far off from all the other Daniel's developments in Mississauga. Were you guys expecting something different?

I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, and I was never a big fan of the design. The base hasn't turned out that well and the gargoyles just take it into mediocre territory. It's not that it has gargoyles...just how there was no consideration taken in materials used, context, etc.

The roof, the podium, the design... all cringeworthy. The gargoyles is just the icing on the cake. It might be yet another Daniels project, but it is the tallest in Mississauga (and would still be considered pretty big in Toronto) and therefore worthy of extra attention.

Interchange42, yes, that beast is in Vegas.

While I don't like the tower, or this style of architecture in general, I actually think it's a better looking building and much better proportioned than the previous Daniels projects in Mississauga and those cheesy NYC things in North York. But c'mon... those gargoyles are so goofy and out of place that it's hard not to talk about them.

A Cloudy Day in MCC:

2141595995_27a3967428.jpg

2141596377_8cb17ac370.jpg

2142387958_fb54a1cd92.jpg

2141598697_ee74764e45.jpg

A Couple other shots...

2141598137_72fb08ae1c.jpg

2141599409_02492ce5f8.jpg

Back