Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

There is a mini backhoe on site. It looks like 1 Bloor, 5 St. Joseph and Nicholas will all be starting around the same time.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

touche! Having lived in that area that hooker harveys forever tainted my perception of the brand

touche! Having lived in that area that hooker harveys forever tainted my perception of the brand

That Hooker Harvey's has provided me with some of the most entertaining meals I have ever had. (not to mention some very stimulating conversation) That's where I first learned about the tranny tuck, when I was an innocent gayby. lol

Yes, but it wasn't Hooker Harvey's. That thing is unique.

When I was on Isabella I used to frequent the 1 Bloor East Harveys, had to convert to Hooker Harvey's once it was torn down.
Hooker Harvey's was actually better!

I also lamented the loss of Popeyes from that stretch until the new one opened up a couple months ago. Thank God for Fast Food! LOL
Seriously though, Harveys is lacking presence in every major city now-a-days. I only know of ONE in Downtown Montreal, and the 3 in Downtown Hamilton have all closed :(

When I was on Isabella I used to frequent the 1 Bloor East Harveys, had to convert to Hooker Harvey's once it was torn down.
Hooker Harvey's was actually better!

I also lamented the loss of Popeyes from that stretch until the new one opened up a couple months ago. Thank God for Fast Food! LOL
Seriously though, Harveys is lacking presence in every major city now-a-days. I only know of ONE in Downtown Montreal, and the 3 in Downtown Hamilton have all closed :(

One thing that really surprised me about living in St. Jamestown was the lack of any sort of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, particularly fast food restaurants. You would have thought that with that many people in such a small area, that a McDonalds or a Burger King would have been a gold mine for any franchiser. Also, not meaning to be stereotypical, but for a lot of people in that area, it would have been a very viable employment opportunity, nearly right by your door.

One thing that really surprised me about living in St. Jamestown was the lack of any sort of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, particularly fast food restaurants. You would have thought that with that many people in such a small area, that a McDonalds or a Burger King would have been a gold mine for any franchiser

There's a McDonald's a stone's throw from St. Jamestown on Bloor st., inside that decrepit little mall next to the Swiss Chalet. It was always busy. Not much else in the area, though. The lack of Harvey's in this town is getting aggravating. It's the only fast-food place I'm willing to frequent once in a while. Fortunately one of the last remaining operations is a 2-minute drive from where I live, inside the Leaside Home Depot, of all places.

A Harveys is apparently coming soon to the old Licks location on Eglinton just east of Yonge. The sign has been up for a few weeks now, but it doesn't look like any work has started.

Hooker Harvey's is the last Harvey's I know of that is still downtown. Yonge/Bloor, Bedford/Bloor, and, my most frequented location, Union Station, are all gone. Is there a chance the Union location will return? Or how about as part of the One Bloor retail component?

There's a McDonald's a stone's throw from St. Jamestown on Bloor st., inside that decrepit little mall next to the Swiss Chalet. It was always busy. Not much else in the area, though. The lack of Harvey's in this town is getting aggravating. It's the only fast-food place I'm willing to frequent once in a while. Fortunately one of the last remaining operations is a 2-minute drive from where I live, inside the Leaside Home Depot, of all places.

That mall is quite a distance to walk though for people in the middle or on the far side of St. Jamestown. Maybe the new development occuring in the Howard St triangle (I forget what it's called) will include some sort of restaurants for the area.

Hooker Harvey's is the last Harvey's I know of that is still downtown. Yonge/Bloor, Bedford/Bloor, and, my most frequented location, Union Station, are all gone. Is there a chance the Union location will return? Or how about as part of the One Bloor retail component?

There's also one in the Eaton Centre south food court.

Back