Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I went to the sales office to pick-up a price list, they confirmed the building height increase is for 70 stories. NOT 82 as earlier suggested.

Hate to do this but? Wasn't there supposedly a meeting on this yesterday?? Any news anyone??? This is the last of the big six,and I want it to start so badly. (Aura, Trump, Ritz,Four Seasons, Shangri La , and 1 Bloor) :confused: I seem to remember a picture, or promotional add with them all together from 5 years ago or so.(Old Bloor design) Of course now with Ice and L and others added to the mix, but these 6 seemed lumped together to me... maybe it was the hotel factor???

Last edited:
what really pisses me off, is that Yonge/Bloor has suffered so badly for the past few years with nothing. the lot has sat empty, deserted, with numerous false starts. It doesn't feel like downtown anymore. and what sucks on top of that, it'll still be another few years before this thing is built (and about another year before it reaches ground level... if it ever starts).
Once this thing is built, people will REALLY feel the change/impact of a building to this scale. it's gonna warm up the intersection and make that all-ways-crossing thing make more sense.

Hate to do this but? Wasn't there supposedly a meeting on this yesterday?? Any news anyone??? This is the last of the big six,and I want it to start so badly. (Aura, Trump, Ritz,Four Seasons, Shangri La , and 1 Bloor) :confused: I seem to remember a picture, or promotional add with them all together from 5 years ago or so.(Old Bloor design) Of course now with Ice and L and others added to the mix, but these 6 seemed lumped together to me... maybe it was the hotel factor???

I believe the meeting was a technicality before the hoarding and construction set up can begin. Pretty sure it's all systems go, and we should see some activity shortly.

I'm with ya Steveve, ( By the way, congrats on the impending scholarship to Architects University, seriously great model man) Build this sucker, NOW:mad: Quit stalling, the city has projects all over starting and digging, months after they're announced, (Cinema/X2/RCMI etc) Yet this marquee tower, at this location, with a solid developer (GG... from what Ive read here?) ..and we wait and speculate and drool. As more crap gets announced every week, (Quartz/Yorkville/Bisha), yet this one just idles.....This and Aura are the two most important towers, in this boom, as far as visibilty, pushing the skyline north and changing the height of their neighborhoods.
Trump and BA, don't change anything in the CBD( as far as height ), Ritz has had a pretty large impact, but this will redefine "Downtown". As well as connecting with the height of the cbd, these towers will also make Front to Bloor truly one skyline and not so much a satellite of downtown which 10 years ago Yorkville was . Like FS, These towers wil lreally pull the eye away from the cbd as you travel down the freeways, and inspire further towers with similar height in the future. BUILD THIS NOW!! At least announce a start date?????

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine that from the first rendering in the G&M when Trump was involved (10 years ago?) to completion we will have beeen waiting 15 years.

I don't understand the delays - especially since the demolition.

I think any company that is going to let a lot sit empty for longer than a year should be compelled by law to make it at least a temporary lawn. The little lot sitting over near 22 Wellesley also had a demolition on it, and has been a vacant flat of rubble for over a few years now. Enough, already, of this neglect.

Last edited:
The little lot sitting over near 22 Wellesley also had a demolition on it, and has been a vacant flat of rubble for over a few years now. Enough, already, of this neglect.

Some enterprising neighbourhood types have broken down the fence and created pieces of art using garbage, stones, pieces of wood and such. It doesn't look much better but it adds a bit of charactor to the space, plus I think it's a way of protesting exactly what you commented on.

Didn't the One Bloor sales office re-open this past Monday?

Yes, the One Bloor sales office has reopened, and Ed and I visited it this Tuesday. We'll have a report for you next week!

Back