Toronto Ocean Club | 131.36m | 39s | Beaverhall | P + S / IBI

Last edited by a moderator:
Condo names: Anywhere but here

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/realestate/article/878398--condo-names-anywhere-but-here

...“You're kidding? That's so interesting,” says Jasmine Mir, senior vice-president at Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group in Manhattan, when told of the Toronto trend. “New Yorkers have so much pride. It wouldn't be the greatest selling point to refer to another locale.”

The same goes for Chicago, where realtor Sheldon Salnick of Prudential Rubloff isn't aware of any projects with out-of-town names.

So what does this say about Toronto...

This boring, tired style of architecture in this overdone location will almost certainly be sh#t.
The good news is, with nothing distinguishing it from what's already there, nobody will notice it.

I understand that the developments around this neighbourhood (if you want to call it that) are all trying to take their inspiration from the waterfront with their water and sailboat motifs, but i would love it if someone designed something a little bolder, with some sort of overall darker, city feel to it. Something like MYC or NXT would stand out so much around here. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Time for a closer look at Ocean Club.

Let's fly in from the east...

OceanClubSitecropped750.jpg

OceanClubCloseUp.jpg

and now swing in from the west...

OceanClubExteriorRendering750.jpg

OceanClubExteriorCrop750.jpg

and let's get a better look at the tower - oh, it's got a rounded edge near the lake - hadn't caught that before

OceanClubTowerCrop750.jpg

and now, back to reality: right now, it's just a (nicely modern) sales pavilion

OceanClubP1190715.jpg

inside of which there's a scale model, naturally, which we'll tour about... naturally

here's the southern view, oblique angle, focusing on that curved wall of glass

OceanClubP1190691.jpg

down at the bottom of which there is space for a restaurant patio facing the lake. There are intentions for this to be quite fine dining, a destination in fact. It's right across Marine Parade from the Humber Bay Butterfly Habitat, and that view across the bay to the downtown skyline, so here's hoping the food and service will match the setting...

OceanClubRestoExtpano.jpg

but let's pull back again for a less oblique view from the south

OceanClubP1190708.jpg

and then swing around for the view from the west

OceanClubP1190701.jpg

and from the north.

OceanClubP1190702.jpg

Let's get close again, here looking over the tower's podium to the boutique building

OceanClubP1190696.jpg

and here check out the tower building's entry area from the mid-block road that will run between Lake Shore Blvd and Marine Parade

OceanClubP1190697.jpg

Tour done, we'll back out again, looking back at the model from where we first arrived, the east.

OceanClubP1190705.jpg

I think the tower is quite attractive actually; a more refined, higher-end '500 Sherbourne.' Pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
The east side of this building will be all obstructed by the proposed Waterways 50 storey project, which will be the closest to this Ocean Club building, am I correct??
Regarding the building, honestly, my first thought looking at the 1st picture was "looks like a tall rectangular tombstone erecting from nowhere dividing east and west" not good!! That middle thing dividng the building just need to go!!

Time for a closer look at Ocean Club.

Let's fly in from the east...

OceanClubSitecropped750.jpg

Nice model picture, where did you get it?

The building itself , while nothing special, is not terrible looking either. Wish they didn't have to go with green though, although at least this is not the Toronto downtown where there are green condos everywhere.

I don't mind the east side of the building since none of the Middle thing is exposed....but on the west side, it does really look like the units are being stick on a piece of stone
I guess people buying it like it so I must be one of the very few that doesn't like it....or may be when the building is actually built, it will look better than the picture....

Here's what I know about in the area at the moment. If anyone knows any better, please let me know and I'll fix the map.

HumberBayShoresCtrMap.jpg

Back