Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Thanks. i am realzing this building is in a tightspot for water+city cn tower views.

you have Windermere on the Lake building beside you on the east side.

you have parklake which is south-east of you

you have NXT2 which is on the west side.

real tight to get a good clear view of city+water non-blocked.

agree?

IMG_nov-14-09-0045.jpg

Wow. This looks like another example of how not to mix towers and townhomes. Just horrible.

You know it's not finished yet, right? They have a couple of pieces of glass to tack on still.

5 Years from Now you will see that NXT is the place to be. The approved plans in the Western Waterfront Area coupled by the already impressive amenities that I see in this plan makes it the future pinnacle of the West. Step aside Palace Pier.

5 Years from Now you will see that NXT is the place to be. The approved plans in the Western Waterfront Area coupled by the already impressive amenities that I see in this plan makes it the future pinnacle of the West. Step aside Palace Pier.

there definetely will be lots of development in the area, so it will only get better. all My only concern is that all these condos are going to be plopped next to each other with out any sense of cohesiveness......we are already see it at lakesore west.

Who knows how these communiities will develop when you have city councellors who know nothing about urban design

Im confident and very excited about the plans and future for south of Lakeshore.

The NXT project has been well thought out and should be very desirable.

As for the rest of the developing area we will have to wait and see as to how well it all comes together.

The Pan Am games will also help the entire waterfront come together. It will also cost the city their shirt, our shirts.

Attachments

• East 111909.jpg
    East 111909.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Windows!!.jpg
    Windows!!.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 217
  • West 111909.jpg
    West 111909.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG01163.jpg
    IMG01163.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 214
  • South 111909.jpg
    South 111909.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 102909.jpg
    102909.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 229
Why is this horrible?! How would you improve this?

I think NXT and the townhouses work really well, actually.

NXT is not being built as a tower in the park. The tower seems to meet the street reasonably well.

It's no different really from what we see in the Annex with lots of semidetached homes mixed in right next to slab towers.

The only thing I can see that might be improved would be if there were a public mid-block connection built along the bottom of the tower (something similar to what is underneath the U of T family housing building on Charles st at Balmuto). This could improve pedestrian flow through the neighbourhood.

Im confident and very excited about the plans and future for south of Lakeshore.

The NXT project has been well thought out and should be very desirable.

As for the rest of the developing area we will have to wait and see as to how well it all comes together.

The Pan Am games will also help the entire waterfront come together. It will also cost the city their shirt, our shirts.

Nice pictures! I will share some soon you will enjoy.

does anybody think NXT will have city+cn tower views?

Retail will come in good time; too much too fast will not happen in this area. I don’t see this having the urban feel for another 5-10yrs. People in this area like and pay for the Muskoka feel, just minutes from the big smoke. But there are 6 Starbucks to choose from 5 minutes north in Bloor West ;)

Attachments

• Area is coming together.jpg
    Area is coming together.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 209
Units on the East and South East side should have great city views, CN Tower is there just hope its not behind PL or Windamere OTL.

majority of the east views from NXT will be blocked by Windermere by the Lake ... and the southeast views from NXT will be blocked by Park Lake (in the distance) ... therefore don't expect any 'great views' from NXT

majority of the east views from NXT will be blocked by Windermere by the Lake ... and the southeast views from NXT will be blocked by Park Lake (in the distance) ... therefore don't expect any 'great views' from NXT

Yes every unit facing east will have some portion of their east view blocked by Windermere by the Lake(WbL) and Pake Lake. However some units will still have killer views as NXT is a much wider building than WbL. Different parts of the downtown core will be still be visible, and units in the southern half above the 18th floor will have a view of the entire CBD. (above Park Lake, 18 floors +2 floor mech - offset by NXT being built on higher ground and taller 1st floor)

Back