Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
5 Years from Now you will see that NXT is the place to be. The approved plans in the Western Waterfront Area coupled by the already impressive amenities that I see in this plan makes it the future pinnacle of the West. Step aside Palace Pier.
fast forward to 2014: Congratulations !!! You were absolutely right with your prediction !!! this corner of the city is definitely the one of the top 10 new development areas in Toronto .... the quality of life for people in the towers and townhomes is outstanding .. way better than any condo/townhouse along Queen/King/Sudbury and for it beats for sure living on Islington or Kipling (no lake, no park ...)

No, its because people run into individuals like you:eek:

I wasn't referring to NXT's location, but more so the condition of the sidewalks to the lake, as well as not being very pedestrian friendly.
i agree: those sidewalks under the bridge need some work ...

This area is just too isolated. You have to travel by car just to get milk or go to a restaurant. Where is there a grocery store in this neighbourhood? It's not urban but yet it's not exactly suburban. I know I couldn't live here, no matter how close it is to the lake. I need a little convenience in wherever I live but then again, I'm an urbanite.

This area is just too isolated. You have to travel by car just to get milk or go to a restaurant. Where is there a grocery store in this neighbourhood? It's not urban but yet it's not exactly suburban. I know I couldn't live here, no matter how close it is to the lake. I need a little convenience in wherever I live but then again, I'm an urbanite.

Convenience store and 501 streetcar outside your doorstep. A closer grocery store would rock....Sobeys up the street on Queensway is the closest.

the townhouses east and west of Windermere are BY FAR the best looking townhouses in west Toronto .... they are much more appealing and have nicer building materials than the townhouses near grand avenue, near queensway & islington and definitely nicer than the homes on Sudbury St ... i personally like the CONTRAST between design of the condo tower and townhouses

You may like the contrast, to me it looks beyond idiotic. The townhouses pander to some misunderstanding of what time we live in, unless this is indeed the age of vaguely Victorian pastiche.

The biggest problem is that there's no architectural relationship between the historicist towns and the modern towers. To have that kind of contrast happen organically is one thing--the city grows through dozens of private developers doing their own projects downtown--but to do it on purpose demands more attention to the relationship between the two parts. There's contrast in the towers of the Distillery District with the Victorian buildings, but aA fit the towers in with the old buildings seamlessly and gave them red-brick podiums to integrate them into the district. They contrast but also fit in well, too.

From yesterday:

DSC01869.jpg

Public art (facing the Gardiner:)
DSC01870.jpg

Tennis Court:
DSC01871.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01869.jpg
    DSC01869.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 768
  • DSC01870.jpg
    DSC01870.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC01871.jpg
    DSC01871.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 611
I was in too much of a rush to check it thoroughly, but there was so much rust there it looked intentional to me. I'll take a closer look next time I go by.

Back