Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Looks plain and slabby, but the cladding details close up elevate this pair above other new condos further west along Lakeshore. Still a shame about the unfortunate townhouses though.

A real shame about the awful townhouses though. Did Cresford go with bizarro-faux derivatives because sleek contemporary ones would be too edgy for that market segment?

Deja vu! ;)

from Palace Pier;
9263449177_cec37fe29b_b.jpg

Anyone have any idea what they are doing west of phase 2? There's some kind of construction going on there but I doubt its another building. Townhouses maybe?

Yeah, that was just a staging area that needs to be landscaped now AFAIK.

NXT phases 1 and 2, as they appear from High Park, with new developments rising in background:

IMG_0944 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0944 2.jpg
    IMG_0944 2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 717
This is sooo much better than the townhouses that are being built at the site... I just don't get why they combined styles at this project the way they did. If the townhouses here were similar in design quality to the towers, this would be one of the very best projects in the whole GTA.

(The townhouses have obviously sold very well in any case - construction of all of them on the west side of Windermere will be finished long before the first of these towers starts to rise, let alone the second one.)

Anyone know which of these towers - the east one (103 The Queensway) or the west one (105 The Queensway) - is the 26 floor one? I'm guessing the more eastlerly of the two is the taller one, and that it is the first phase.

the townhouses east and west of Windermere are BY FAR the best looking townhouses in west Toronto .... they are much more appealing and have nicer building materials than the townhouses near grand avenue, near queensway & islington and definitely nicer than the homes on Sudbury St ... i personally like the CONTRAST between design of the condo tower and townhouses

Well those buyers look happy,but I've always thought that this project was too much in the middle of nowhere.You have to drive everywhere.
this location is one of the best in Toronto .. its close to the lake, close to highpark, close to bloor west, close to roncesvalles, 501 streetcar right in front of your house, 20min by car to downtown in morning rush hour ... the list goes on and on .....

^Too bad they put those ridiculous townhomes at the bottom. Some modern townhomes in keeping with the tower design would've made the complex a real winner.
explain why the townhomes are ridiculous? is it the homes itself or the design CONTRAST b/w the homes and the condo tower? i personally like the contrast and the homes in itself are well designed compared to other townhouse complexes in the city (Sudbury St anyone?)

I suppose it was expected when you buy a townhouse next to empty land like that ...

UNLESS they though it was gonna be open space parkland with greenery ... haha
people who bought the townhomes knew from the beginning that there would be two towers right behind .... no surprises here

thanks drum118 ~

I wonder how the folks in the surrounding townhouses feel about NXT ... chances are when the towns were sold, NXT's site was only shown as 'blank' on the Site Plan ... the tower seems to be kinda close now
it was always the plan to build the two NXT towers and people buying the townhomes bought them regardless ... and as it turn out it was probably the best decision they ever made ...

I agree that those townhouses are actually decent quality, though some variety certainly wouldn't have hurt, and once again, the huge mistake of lack of retail rears its hideous head. As if the Queensway wasn't already a desolate stretch - it should have been mandatory to have retail in the base of these developments. Instead of fixing the problem with this golden opportunity (these are reclaimed industrial lands, remember), all these new residents are now forced to drive (hilariously with an LRT ROW on their doorstep) to do their shopping all the way at that ugly plaza west of the Humber, all the way east to Roncy, or all the way north to Bloor West Village. What a stupid, stupid oversight that could have been so easily avoided and even added some street vibrancy to an area where it was nonexistent.
i totally agree: not adding retail space in a complex of that size was a big mistake and oversight

Back