Toronto NXT & NXT2 Condominiums | ?m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Excellent pics, interchange. As great as NXT is, and it is great, it can't overcome the reactionary drek and odd site plan at its base. The townhouses are really unfortunate. Something more progressive (and better built) would have enhanced the tower exponentially. What could have been an exceptional neighbourhood instead is an oddly disjointed, schizophrenic assemblage. Oh, well. At least it's brownfield.

Last edited:
well, I am going to commit hari kari here and say that I quite like the townhomes... they look great fronting along the Queensway as shown in 42's first pic! Surely the rest of the site plan could have been handled better though. The one photo showing NXT looming over the roadway and the townhomes directly below is somewhat frightening. I notice that it does seem like quite a mishmash when seen from the Gardiner, and I still prefer Windermere tower in any case. Bottomline for me is it 's a nice stretch of 3.5 stories of consistent 'Avenue" style building...

Last edited:
well, I am going to commit hari kari here and say that I quite like the townhomes... they look great fronting along the Queensway as shown in 42's first pic! Surely the rest of the site plan could have been handled better though. The one photo showing NXT2 looming over the roadway and the townhomes directly below is somewhat frightening. I notice that it does seem like quite a mishmash when seen from the Gardiner, and I still prefer tower 1 in any case. Bottomline for me is it 's a nice stretch of 3.5 stories of consistent 'Avenue" style building...

I wouldn't say it impresses by being Avenue-style. Quality Avenue-style construction would have had retail at ground level with residential above. Townhouses along an avenue just doesn't make for an interesting avenue. They're more appropriate on side streets. A slightly taller scale amidst the openness of the Queensway would have also worked better.

These are some of the most underrated projects in the city. It's just too bad they didn't build some modern townhomes that matched the towers, instead of the knockoffs.

It's amazing how this area has transformed over the years. I can still remember the steel plant that sat at this location (I think it was Stelco).

I happen to like those townhomes too *shrugs*, unless I see a better example of how it should have been done.

Onfence: It should have been done the way it was done at Radio City on Jarivs & Mutual north of Carlton. The modern townhomes fit beautifully with the modern towers.

Redroom: Just to clarify, this tower is NXT. The first tower was Windermere-by-the-Lake. NXT2 has not been built yet.

I'm glad the photos were enjoyed.

Onfence: It should have been done the way it was done at Radio City on Jarivs & Mutual north of Carlton. The modern townhomes fit beautifully with the modern towers.

Is this it?
GetImage.aspx

42, yes I am aware of that... sorry for the misleading language and typo in my post which I have now corrected. (sometimes I'm drunk while posting on here)

Last edited:
Is this it?

Yep. Worth a closer inspection!

Redroom: no breathalyzer test is required before posting on UT... yet. Cheers!

I happen to like those townhomes too *shrugs*, unless I see a better example of how it should have been done.

I too like these townhomes for what they are, I dont think the modern style of townhome would work as well here as downtown. This is a long stretch of townhomes that would seem odd if too risky, this was a safe development and the risk was left for NXT which I believe compliments the entire Windermere project perfectly.

Now if they could only think of something smart to put into the sales centers of ParkLake of NXT for us to enjoy.

here are great examples of townhouses...
100_0087.jpg
100_0091.jpg
100_0093.jpg
100_0097.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0087.jpg
    100_0087.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 452
  • 100_0091.jpg
    100_0091.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 100_0093.jpg