News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 885     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
My sources confirm this as well

Something like a Pusateri's or Whole Foods would have been perfect for this location.... This area could use it more so than a Shoppers !

The March 2010 issue of Toronto Life has an article on Shoppers Drug Mart where it says it's now more than just a drug store, with aggressive plans to grow square footage space by 10% a year in a 5-year plan and the Queen & Beverley location (where Caban used to be) will be prototypical of Shoppers in the future. Indeed with sales approaching $10 Billion in 2008, Shoppers is hardly just your neighbourhood drug store.

A new 2 floor Shoppers Drug Mart opening soon on Queen W... In the old Caban/Urban Planet location !

Surprised that it's a Shoppers and not its cosmetics/skincare only store, Murale. I would love to see more Murale stores in TO.

The TD bank on Yonge north of Davisville is moving across the street in May. The space across the street was previously a small furniture store, a pizza place and a variety store. It is currently being renovated.

The Rogers Video property beside the current TD has had a sign proposing a condo for some time. I assume the condo includes the TD property.

Interestingly, it seems to *not* be in the Inventory--though I can see the present state of flux as initiative to get it in there and accounted for in future development...

Monocle Shop in Toronto?

I just noticed in the new March issue of Monocle, Tyler Brule indicates that they are negotiating to open a store in Toronto. Does anybody have any leads on where this might happen? I'm guessing Ossington or King East?

Really? Colour me surprised. Tyler Brule hates Toronto, where he spent part of his adolescence (I'll leave the amateur psychologists to sort that one out) and the notion that he would deign to offer Monocle products to such a benighted city is surprising.

Back