Toronto Neptune + Neptune 2 Condominiums | 120.09m | 38s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

As the area matures, many of the live/work spaces will start to lean more towards work spaces and provide for the community.

Agreed. Eventually the area itself and those who live/work there will decide what is necessary for the area. Not everything has to be laid out beforehand.

On another note, I absolutely hate this area. As someone else said, this is the definition of the suburbanization of the waterfront. This is even worse than Cityplace in my opinion. The streets make Highway 7 feel welcoming. Where Fleet Street and the Lake Shore combine the street is essentially something like 8 lanes wide. Wider than the Gardiner, which is right there as well. Tragic. This area caters to people who want to bring their suburban lifestyle into the core and I despise that. Pedestrians in this area are a total afterthought because there's absolutely nothing to walk to. During Toronto FC games and the CNE this area is a mess because it isn't served by transit as much as it should be. This is the opposite of a community. Other than Coronation Park and Fort York itself (what's left of it anyway) there isn't much green space. It's all concrete, train tracks and BMO field parking. I also really expect better from Lanterra. Although they've given us both good (Toy Factory Lofts, Murano) and bad (18 Yonge aka Waterparkcity's twin) this project definitely falls on the side of bad. Hopefully they get better with their future projects.

This area has a TON of greenspace with even more on the way and this development has nothing to do with Lake Shore being 8 lanes. I'm not sure what you're exactly looking for ... perhaps parkland, the former commercial/ industrial useage, or a hundred years of transformation but whatever it is, I don't think you're being totally fair. It's a 15 year masterplanned redevelopment inbetween some vital but not very friendly transportation infrastructure.

It's not exactly poorly connected to transit either and the planned improvements will go a long way to connecting it even better to the core.

This area caters to people who want to bring their suburban lifestyle into the core and I despise that. Pedestrians in this area are a total afterthought because there's absolutely nothing to walk to.

I agree the area is not the most pedestrian friendly but I'm not sure how this comment is valid? How does this have anything to do with suburbanites bringing a suburban lifestyle to the area.

The roads already existed so i'm not quite sure what you would have liked them to do. If anything since this project began they have removed part of fleet street, widened sidewalks, improved connections with the waterfront through better crossings of lakeshore, etc.

I agree it isn't as welcoming as walking along King street but the area has to start somwhere. It was a huge wasted industrial swath of land, hate to see what the city would be like if you wanted them to keep that sort of "Urban" form.

I used to live at Waterparkcity until a year ago and walked into the downtown core each morning for work, Streetcar on cold or rainy days. I just don't see how this is any more or less suburban/urban lifestyle then many other condos.

As for stuff to walk to: Coronation park, King West, Liberty Village, Fort York, waterfront, Ontario Place, downtown core. Sure it may require a few more minutes of walk time but if that extra time takes me along the waterfront, or through the area around Portland and Wellington I am ok with that.

Last edited:
From Yonge & Charles:

DSCN5618.jpg

I know people are sick of green glass and I agree that developers have gone crazy with it. That being said, I still love how these towers look and I'm especially fond of the green.

I'm going to agree with you on that, but I'd prefer a black precast vs a gray one.

Indeed....

I like how these buildings look as well. And I remember that the green glass went up before the recent craze of every developer putting green glass on their buildings. And it's a nice green colour too.

Does anyone know the progress on the Neptune phase 2? Is the expected occupancy date still Spring 2011? Any recent pictures?

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the awesome shot from that amazing view. Please feel free to post these more often.

Is construction on June Callwood Park finally underway?

great shot indeed stunnaman ... thanks !!

I'm guessing that picture was taken from the upper section of Malibu's tower ?

yes from top of malibu..

looks like the park is u/c and WPCII north tower base is taking shape. glass is up to 17 on WPCII south

X3dL6.jpg

Does anyone know when will they call for decore centre appointments (to choose options and upgrades etc) for Neptune 2?

Just to further attest to the poor building quality of Lanterra buildings. Someone has moved in two floors below me, and I can hear their stupid dog barking all night! Yes TWO FLOORS!

Back