Toronto Neptune + Neptune 2 Condominiums | 120.09m | 38s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

Dec 12 Visit

IMG_dec-12-09-0111.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0112.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0113.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0121.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0126.jpg

is this new building going to have the same poor quality construction as 219/231? Hopefully not.

More importantly another dead zone...with little amenities, retail, etc. within walking distance. The suburbanization of the waterfront continues...

I agree. People aren't going to take several 45-min roundtrips on the TTC to buy their groceries downtown when it comes up being cheaper to drive to a No Frills or Food Basics once a week.

The spacing of these buildings as they appear in that image will be altered as the next row are built between those and the expressway. There is a small amount of retail in the base of some of the buildings, but I actually question how much retail would be truly successful in these locations anyways. There's just not a critical mass of people there.

Re: Groceries. There is the longstanding plan to convert the Loblaws warehouse to a grocery store, but who knows if that will ever come to pass?

I think the closed proximity to Water front, Ontario Place and huge green space, as well as the Highway are the big advantages of this place. I mean if you are at, for example, yong/college, there is no sign of water around (except of course the water fountain), there is no park or green space (except for a few trees) and you need a good 20-30 minutes in a rush hour to get to the highway. Personally, even if I had to pay the same amount for a condo at college park and at waterpark city, I would prefer the latter. And then the prices at water park city are much less than college park.

I think these minor issues of grocery stores will be taken care of once all these big buildings between bathurst and fort york blvd on lakeshore are completed. Afterall they can't open the stores before people start living there!!

As the area matures, many of the live/work spaces will start to lean more towards work spaces and provide for the community.

Pedestrian....

There is a small amount of retail in the base of some of the buildings, but I actually question how much retail would be truly successful in these locations anyways. There's just not a critical mass of people there.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Considering that no one really walks along that stretch, any attempt at serious retail would probably fail. You can't put retail everywhere especially when you little pedestrian traffic....

I think the closed proximity to Water front, Ontario Place and huge green space, as well as the Highway are the big advantages of this place. I mean if you are at, for example, yong/college, there is no sign of water around (except of course the water fountain), there is no park or green space (except for a few trees) and you need a good 20-30 minutes in a rush hour to get to the highway. Personally, even if I had to pay the same amount for a condo at college park and at waterpark city, I would prefer the latter. And then the prices at water park city are much less than college park.

I think these minor issues of grocery stores will be taken care of once all these big buildings between bathurst and fort york blvd on lakeshore are completed. Afterall they can't open the stores before people start living there!!

No knock against Waterpark City for its advantages, however College Park is a different market space altogether. Aura is situated between (and in close proximity to) two major universities - Ryerson and University of Toronto - as well as being very close to Hospital Row, Queens Park, and short blocks from the Eaton Centre and the Path connections to the downtown business district. Unlikely that prospective purchasers would be making comparisons between the two buildings, as those looking at one, would not likely be interested in the attributes offered by the other. As such, the pricing of one would have little relevance to the pricing of the other.

AHK

I know people are sick of green glass and I agree that developers have gone crazy with it. That being said, I still love how these towers look and I'm especially fond of the green.

Back