Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

This building is unexciting, but it's just filler. I think the most important aesthetic aspect for filler to have is a decent, urban scale, and this building has that.

Museum House looks good in that first shot, but not so much in the second. it all depends on how they treat that concrete wall thing. but it's surprisingly working well with the streetwall even with its jagged upper portion.

Because McDonalds is cheaper than Craft Burger.

Fair, but relative to the overall cost of designing and constructing an entire building, I don't think the difference (percentage wise) would be as great as a fast food burger vs a gourmet burger shop. Though, considering the price point and location of this project, I would've expected a superior design or architectural firm.

Damn you, MuseumHouse! Thanks to you, and an outdated GoogleMaps, I was tricked into thinking PizzaHut was still around. I almost missed the lunch buffet! Thank God for Dufferin!

One of the ugliest buildings under construction in the city, especially given its klassy pretensions.

Last edited:
I like Museum House so far. I think it fits into the area well, it's not overpowering and the materials seem good to my eyes. I like the step back at the top, but that's a me thing. I'm looking forward to seeing this complete and how they treat the mechanical penthouse, things can often go wrong there.

At least it has deep bold shades of green, as opposed to One Bedford which looks very washed out in comparison.

Definitely. The glass for the two buildings seem to have been switched around. The renders for One Bedford showed a much darker glass, while the renders for Museum House showed a much lighter glass. If only!

from today
20110326249.jpg

the updates keep flooding my inbox!!!! (good thing). thanks for all the amazing updates today Jasonzed!

Museum's upper portion looks good as far as i can tell. sure it ain't clad yet, but it looks powerful enough to make an impression.

Back