Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

It looks like EIFS in the rendering and that is what got built. Caulking the joints is pretty typical too. I'm hopeful it will clean up or, better yet, be painted. Facades get filthy during construction. It stands out here because of the dark color. I'm not ready to call this the worst of the worst (I'd still give that to one of the taller spandrel towers)

It looks like EIFS in the rendering and that is what got built. Caulking the joints is pretty typical too. I'm hopeful it will clean up or, better yet, be painted. Facades get filthy during construction. It stands out here because of the dark color. I'm not ready to call this the worst of the worst (I'd still give that to one of the taller spandrel towers)

Name one.

I don't think it's too bad at all. Maybe the execution hasn't been the best but overall I like the design of the building and it's a good height for the area.

The rear facade has not changed its crude unfinished appearance in a month. There appears to be only a handful of workers in the whole building. Is there a problem? Have the crews been pulled to work on one of Plaza's other buildings?
IMG_2554.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,492
It certainly isn't going to look as good as Oneeleven. The thing isn't finished yet, but it's close enough that we can get a very good idea as to what it will look like.

The project isn't finished yet. Not fair to call an mid-construction, unfinished building hideous. I'm excited to see what the final product will look like.
I'm not so sure. This building is closer to being finished than not, the pictures of it are clear, and its overall quality is apparent. To my eye it's clear that this is a complete clunker. I'm open to counterarguments for why we can't rationally judge this until it's complete (even better: an argument that specifies what 'complete' amounts to--must every baseboard be nailed in before we render a judgment? Just the outside? Must it be cleaned?)

This sucker is chunky. In contrast, Evangel Hall across the street is graceful and demure.

I'm not so sure. This building is closer to being finished than not, the pictures of it are clear, and its overall quality is apparent. To my eye it's clear that this is a complete clunker. I'm open to counterarguments for why we can't rationally judge this until it's complete (even better: an argument that specifies what 'complete' amounts to--must every baseboard be nailed in before we render a judgment? Just the outside? Must it be cleaned?)

I don't see why can't be judged for what it is however, I would also be surprised if there isn't a thick coat of dust on it. 111 is infintely better. It too could have been better with actual cantilevered floors instead of a standard building block with exposed column running in the setbacks.

Back