Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

So here a vintage building next door to the future Massy Tower. Isn't it beautiful?

img0587oz.th.jpg

The old TSE in the O&Y E&Y Tower isn't the greatest example of historic preservation to cite - it is particularly insensitive to the old structure and the the new building is also exceedingly mediocre. Five (particularly re: Yonge facades) is an arguably superior instance.

AoD

I know the E&Y tower itself isn't great.. as it tries to look like a Mies tower but doesn't follow the type of design he used.. But I find the incorporation of the Design Exchange to be well done, it's not a tacked on facade, it keeps the original interior of the building and in fact is built around the old building and not taking away from the original structure. Much worse things could have happened to the old stock exchange building (see: John Lyle studio and even worse, the old Star building).

All I can say is wow! Good on MOD for doing this restoration. So far I'm impressed.

Back