Toronto Malibu Harbourfront Condo | ?m | 32s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

Although nothing to write home about, I do not mind this building at all. The 'too wide' treeless street though, has to be fixed.

Yeah... some REALLY WIDE sidewalks with room for cafe patios and big trees would be nice.

The people that have already moved in really deserve to pay less. This place is a mess with all the construction still going on in the upper floors and other common areas. The lower floors should go even cheaper than the price sheets show just to put up with so much inconvenience.

It's a good building for this corner. When all the condos will be built within a couple of years, ie. West Harbour and Neptune, and the cement company is gone, a park is also slated in between a couple of the towers, this north side of Lakeshore will look great. There's some great exterior artwork planned for Waterpark City, so I think this whole block of towers and pods will keep the area hopping. Need some retailing though, I'd love to upen up a Tim Horton's in the middle of these towers.

I was at the site the other day, in my opinion, the pictures don't do the building justice. Its coming along nicely, and it would seem that things are getting a little cleaned up as me move forward.

That being said, 2.5 months until I move in... God, it seems like it is taking forever!

And on the subject of retail, I know that Scotiabank submitted an application to the City of Toronto to put a branch in on the main floor. I believe reading that the initial request was rejected, but not sure if they have made another submission. Would be a good tenant to have though!

Bank in Malibu

And on the subject of retail, I know that Scotiabank submitted an application to the City of Toronto to put a branch in on the main floor. I believe reading that the initial request was rejected, but not sure if they have made another submission. Would be a good tenant to have though!

There is a sign for a minor variance to allow bank or financial instititution on the ground floor corner retail unit.

Rumour is its Scotia because its not TD or RBC.

LB

^ Seems odd. I would assume that the site is zoned mixed-use which permits banks and financial institutions under the retail heading. The reason for a variance could be that it is zoned something that does not permit a bank, but again, don't know why it's not already permitted.

There is a sign for a minor variance to allow bank or financial instititution on the ground floor corner retail unit.

Rumour is its Scotia because its not TD or RBC.

LB

It is not a rumour, it is a ScotiaBank. It will be a new concept branch with no tellers but with more financial planners and investor services.

Back