Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

^^ Actually theoretically only 3 for sale: Ian Gillespie(the developer) is keeping one for himself. Sound familiar? Like Trump Penthouse I believe. Of course being a Vancouver developer, and about to do 2 more projects in Toronto, he may well need a "Pied at Terre", or in the case, a "Pied en L'aire"( a foot in the sky/air).
Conclusion; probably all 4 could be for sale but this just sounds better to say 3. Other than 4S, have any other of these very expensive PH's sold. I believe maybe the $10Mill or so one at the Ritz may have sold.

It has already started. Making units smaller and cheaper so they sell the penthouses. I wonder how long the top 2 floors for all the 5star hotels will be available for sale from the developer.

For a very long time: 3500 sq.ft. + outdoor space for $9 mill. That is a lot of money!
However, if we are to believe our real estate colleagues; they suggest that the very high end market waits to see the finished product, often working with their designers/architects to customize the space. That said, I really have to question if there is much if any market for this ultra high end product in Toronto. I know 4S sold for 28Million to a mystery foreign buyer. Maybe that too will end up being someone ultimately indirectly associated with 4S. I don't believe Aura has sold its PH. Does anyone know about 1 BE? Also, can someone confirm if Ritz has the PH left. I seem to think it did sell though I believe it was about $1000/sq.ft. and not $2700/sq.ft. like SL asking. There is a difference between 10,000 sq.ft. and 3500 sq.ft. if in fact it did sell for around $10 - 11 million
as I recall.

Believe me, when you're up there, nothing feels obstructed. The fins - when glassed in - will provide large terraces for these units that are protected from the wind, as you well know. What you are forgetting is that when you are looking at a photo you are seeing something fixed, unlike the experience you have of a place when you are there: we humans move about, and just the turn of a head gives you enough visual info to see around and behind something close that was in your field of view a moment ago. We process all of these things subconsciously and move on without thinking about it. The last thing the penthouses at Shangri-La feel like is obstructed.

i guess that's true. when you're up there you see the bigger picture... i guess it's because i'm not a balcony kinda person. i prefer glass right up to the edge to give you a floor to ceiling view. but when you have both it's a perfect combo. Trump is my favorite penthouse

Actually we do, but they're making on average a tenth of what they make in the states.

Living next to Boutique or Studio isn't really that special--probably the most interesting building in the area will be Theatre Park but even it will be dominated by investors. The area is rather blah from a street level perspective--show me the cool cafes, pubs, grocery stores etc in the area? King West is much better.

Poor quality, but here's a shot from the Hyatt. I think it's looking pretty slick overall.

IMG_0021.jpg

sl021812.jpg

Shot at 2012-02-18

Who thinks they're going to go with stubby fins instead of what the renders show?

What was the name of the original tavern? I'm happy they 'restored' but even the bricks are new since the old ones had crumbled. I wonder whether the approximate shape of the original was reproduced?

What was the name of the original tavern? I'm happy they 'restored' but even the bricks are new since the old ones had crumbled. I wonder whether the approximate shape of the original was reproduced?

Pretzel Bell Tavern.
Originally Bishops Block and converted later to the Pretzel Bell Tavern.

Back