Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

super structure emerging! Love the pics. the floor plans looks really jagged/wobbly for some reason. i'm having trouble keeping track of the floors.

by me, sorry about the glare, from the hiltons glass elevators

citypics063-Copy.jpg

citypics067-Copy.jpg

citypics065-Copy.jpg

citypics059-Copy.jpg

from the street

citypics068-Copy.jpg

To be honest, I wish I could. But I guess part of the fun of all these forums is watching them go up, floor by floor. Personal observation on Shangri la, is how large the projects is at this level. I find it's very imposing on ground level, really powering over the street and sidewalks here.

I walk by here several times a week as I live just across the street from it. It is VERY imposing compared to any building around it. University is such a wide avenue, and when you're at University and Adelaide on the west wide, it has this very massive feel to it.

I love the location/area this tower is built upon. this particular strip of University is special because its where university "slims down" which allows for Shangri-la to be facing University Ave. theres already an awesome streetwall here, and shangri-la will only add to it :). if you ask me, its one of the best locations in the city.

my only concern is that once the glazing goes up on Shangri-la-tee da there will be too much blue glass happening in the short stretch shown in UD's photo. Really wish that more of these landmark buildings would use some different colours and materials...

Back