Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

^No, the Spacing article is incorrect. The concrete shell for it is already at the corner of Adelaide and Simcoe. I took a photo of it a few weeks ago but never posted it.

4771358889_f52f38be68_b.jpg

As AG and the article point out, the only thing that could be saved were the bricks.

ETA: D'oh! And cassius clearly posted a pic of it above.

Last edited:
Pouring going on today at Shangri-la.

4777540367_434e73a0cf_b.jpg

Look at the size of the framing at the bottom of this photo, those are going to be huge concrete beams.

4777540113_0466d1a854_b.jpg

If that's what they'll be those will definitely be huge. Why so big though, is there some kind of transfer slab or something happening here?

Fantastic progress happening! The whole site looks like it's up 2 stories now. Things are coming together really nicely.
I love how there are already setbacks (as seen on the south east corner). This podium will have alot of really cool features when you look at it from university! It's right up close to he street and will look like you're driving into it as you go south along university.

Thanks for all the updates Jasonzed, and welcome to UT.

I can confirm that those huge box forms in the photos above will be concrete beams as they've been filling them with rebar the last couple of days.

great update! University Ave. is also looking pretty slick in that first photo.. This building will sure have a massive impact in that area!

I am a huge fan of those overflowing planters on University. If only our winters permitted similarly impressive vegetation the rest of the year. Sigh...

Back