Vaughan Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland | 93.26m | ?s | Cedar Fair

FYI, the lift hill will go much faster than what is shown in the video. That was going at a very slow speed due to it being the first test run.

Nice!! I've ridden the Steel Dragon several times (went on a weekday when there was nobody there - the staff didn't even make us get out of our seats!), so it looks like a trip to Wonderland will have to happen this summer. Now they just need to put in onsen!

I was lucky enough to have ridden it over 6 times yesterday.

The park was only opened to BMO employees and their friends and families (I bought tickets for a whole gaggle of my friends, and they were cheap too).. The ride was great. That initial lift hill and the drop was traumatic, but the rest of the ride was so so. I felt that Behemoth gave a lot more air time.

There were no lines up either. In the first 2 hours we rode pretty much every coaster we wanted, without queuing (only for the next car to pull up to the station). Even when the park filled up, we never waited more than 10 mins in line to get on a popular ride. From now on, I will only do corporate days!:D

Breakfast Television on CityTV is covering it tomorrow (Monday) morning, set your PVR if you have an interest in seeing it in operation.

I was lucky enough to have ridden it over 6 times yesterday.

The park was only opened to BMO employees and their friends and families (I bought tickets for a whole gaggle of my friends, and they were cheap too).. The ride was great. That initial lift hill and the drop was traumatic, but the rest of the ride was so so. I felt that Behemoth gave a lot more air time.

There were no lines up either. In the first 2 hours we rode pretty much every coaster we wanted, without queuing (only for the next car to pull up to the station). Even when the park filled up, we never waited more than 10 mins in line to get on a popular ride. From now on, I will only do corporate days!:D

I agree with Filip from my experience on the Leviathan yesterday (thanks to BMO corporate day) ... while the new coaster is faster and taller, it felt to be less 'thrilling' than Behemoth ... it must have something to do with how smooth the drops and banked turns were designed .... but nonetheless Leviathan was certainly a very comfortable ride that will certainly not leave riders with any back or neck injuries =D

I just can't get over how utterly terrified I was on that lift hill. It just kept going and going and I refused to look sideways to see how high we were. When it crested over the apex I felt like I was going to die. Then that drop.. Wow. Totally AMAZING!

Seems like CW is running with this biblical theming. Next up is Ziz if they want the trio. Behemoth is land, Leviathan is water, and Ziz is air. I'm expecting a nice B&M inverted flying coaster.

I wouldn't mind a nice, big wooden coaster to top off the park. I just love their rickety aggressiveness.

Last edited:
Had a chance to ride this on the wknd. The anticipation on the lift was quite terrifying. The drop; TRAUMATIC. Very smooth ride though, didn't leave me in aches and pain like that terrible Mindbuster ride.

My suggestion for anyone thinking of riding this: wear a diaper, if you don't use it for the long wait in line (2hrs+), you will for the first drop. :D

Had a chance to ride this on the wknd. The anticipation on the lift was quite terrifying. The drop; TRAUMATIC. Very smooth ride though, didn't leave me in aches and pain like that terrible Mindbuster ride.

My suggestion for anyone thinking of riding this: wear a diaper, if you don't use it for the long wait in line (2hrs+), you will for the first drop. :D

I got a concussion after my trip to Wonderland - methinks it had something to do with going on Minebuster 4x in a row. They should rename it to Mindbuster.

I got a concussion after my trip to Wonderland - methinks it had something to do with going on Minebuster 4x in a row. They should rename it to Mindbuster.

4x's ? Wow, I went on it once last year and it ruined my day and left me scared for life. It does not provide enough head and neck support for tall folks like myself. Leviathan and Behemoth are much easier on the body. I'll advise people to stay clear of "Mindbuster". I give u props though Filip, four times, wow that's amazing. You must have elastic bones.

Interesting to read the reactions to Leviathan. I rode Millenium Force at Cedar Point years ago as my introduction to *HUGE* coasters. (Previous biggest coaster was Superman at Darien Lake, all the Canada's Wonderland coasters were puny in comparison at the time.) Very similar reaction. The hill goes on and on and on and on and on... and for good measure to goes on some more. The drop and the speed! That was an awesome ride! Unfortunately I only got on it once that day.

Ever since then I had hoped that Paramount would add one of those coasters. Of course those cheap bastards did nothing of the sort. I was ecstatic when Cedar Point bought CW and hoped (!) some big coaster love would be bestowed on us. And voila! Two big coasters within a handful of years.

Leviathan and Millenium Force are fairly comparable with the only major difference being that MF is longer.

I'm happy that Leviathan is here because after last year's visit to CW my body was screaming at me to stop (everything felt very unpleasant) and I was ready to retire from amusement park rides. I've been wanting to ride MF again but now I won't have to. However this summer's CW visit will still be my last. Sucks getting old. :(

Back