Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Aura's cladding (even the tower portion) is about 100 times better than L tower. With a much more distinctive shape, you'd think these idiots would've put a nice finishing touch with some nice cladding, but I guess not -.-

Who are the idiots you are referring to?

ahmad.m.atiya:

Where did you get the chance to see all the cladding for L-Tower? Could you share some pictures with us so we can weigh in on it as well?

In any case, its disappointing to hear from you that even the cladding on the north face is bad.

Merely judging by whats aldeady there. Im hoping for a pleasant surprise.

The window wall / spandrel system and colour choice is disgraceful. It looks like the faded facade of a dollar store. These units sold for >$800/psf and this is the best they could come up with? For this price and this location any conscionable architect/developer team would have used curtain wall, preferably mullionless.

^ ^ The blue is interesting, but it really should have been mullion-less curtain wall. This, of all projects. :(

Who are the idiots you are referring to?

Developer, architect, etc. Basically anyone involved in the disastrous facade of this building.

The window wall / spandrel system and colour choice is disgraceful. It looks like the faded facade of a dollar store. These units sold for >$800/psf and this is the best they could come up with? For this price and this location any conscionable architect/developer team would have used curtain wall, preferably mullionless.

Well said!

I will reserve judgment until I see at least a larger swath of this cladding and a sample of the curtainwall going up on the north face. I'm curious how the (presumably) mullion-free curtainwall will contrast against and play off the cladding we have already seen. I think it could work very well.

I am wondering why they have put on such a small amount of the cladding and then have appeared to stop for no reason... perhaps they are not satisfied with the look either.

I will reserve judgment until I see at least a larger swath of this cladding and a sample of the curtainwall going up on the north face. I'm curious how the (presumably) mullion-free curtainwall will contrast against and play off the cladding we have already seen. I think it could work very well.

105vc.jpg

You may proceed with said judgement.

You may proceed with said judgement.

Haha well thank-you for the timely response! Hadn't noticed that before.

Hard to tell from that picture, but from what I see, I will admit that I am aslo disappointed in the cladding. I was expecting sleeker mullion-free curtainwall on that side. Doesn't appear to be the case, does it? I like the frosted white strips (as seen in the renders) and the difference in colours between the North side and the others, but thats about it.

This building is going to be a looker in spite of the cladding, and not because of it.

It's awful - looks extremely cheap. I'd be very upset if i purchased a unit here. I'm starting to think that builders should be forced to have samples of cladding in their show room - just as important as their interior demo suites they hawk.

Last edited:

Back